Posted by https://www.whattheforkfoodblog.com/2015/08/13/ham-and-cheese-quiche/
© 2015 What the Fork. All rights reserved.
Ham and Cheese Quiche
This gluten free Ham and Cheese Quiche is perfect for brunch but is hearty enough for dinner. Full of ham, bacon and cheese, it’s a protein packed meal full of smoky flavor – a sure crowd pleaser.
- 1 9-inch gluten free pie crust, par baked* (or regular pie crust)
- 1 cup Cure 81 ham, diced (or leftover ham)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon gluten free flour (or regular if not making gluten free)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the diced ham and bacon to the par-baked pie crust, spreading evenly across the bottom.
- In a small bowl, toss together the cheese and flour so the cheese is coated and sprinkle over the meat in the pie crust.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk and pepper. Pour over the meat/cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 35-50 minutes. When done, the middle will still be slightly jiggly, which is ok. It will set up as it sits. Let the quiche sit for 15-20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- * Directions for my par-baked crust can be found here in the Coconut Cream Pie recipe directions.
- Baking times can vary greatly depending on your oven. I just got a new oven with a convection option and it took 40 minutes and I probably could have taken it out 5 minutes sooner. In my old oven, it took a full 55 minutes.
- I usually add a salt to my eggs when cooking but I purposely left salt out of this recipe. I find that using the salty ham and salty bacon is enough to season the whole quiche. Feel free to add a pinch of salt if you prefer.
- If you love this ham and cheese quiche, be sure to try my Bacon and Swiss Quiche - that one is my all-time favorite!