Posted by https://www.whattheforkfoodblog.com/2015/08/13/ham-and-cheese-quiche/
© 2015 What the Fork. All rights reserved.
- 1 9-inch gluten free pie crust, par baked*
- 1 C Cure 81 ham, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp gluten free all purpose flour (or regular)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the diced ham and bacon to the par-baked pie crust, spreading evenly across the bottom.
- In a small bowl, toss together the cheese and flour so the cheese is coated and sprinkle over the meat in the pie crust.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk and pepper. Pour over the meat/cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 40-55 minutes. When done, the middle will still be slightly jiggly, which is ok. It will set up as it sits. Let the quiche sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
* Directions for my par-baked crust can be found here in the Coconut Cream Pie recipe directions.
Baking times can vary greatly depending on your oven. I just got a new oven with a convection option and it took 45 minutes and I probably could have taken it out 5 minutes sooner. In my old oven, it took a full 55 minutes.