This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeReadyPlayBook #CollectiveBias
Sweet and spicy Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork is the perfect dish for tailgating. It feeds a crowd and it’s crazy delicious!
With fall approaching, it can only mean one thing. Football, baby! I’m guessing you thought I’d say pumpkin everything, apples, etc. Yeah, no. Those are great but right now, I prefer football ????
Ironically, as I’m writing this, I just heard my neighbor outside say, “Football, yeah!” Like he’s in my head as I write this but he’s really just in his yard talking to his landscaper about random things while I am inside
being a creeper working. But I guess we’ve all just got a little football on the brain. That’s not a bad thing at all.
Also not a bad thing is this Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork. It’s fan-flippin-tastic. Sweet Dr. Pepper mixed with spicy chipotle peppers is a match made in h-e-a-v-e-n. This is the perfect dish for football season guys. Cook it up the day ahead and serve it up while you’re tailgating or watching the game at home. Bonus: it makes enough to feed a crowd. You could probably feed a whole football team with it. Ok, not that much but it still makes a lot. To really put this meal over the top, make this Cauliflower Potato Salad that Lauren from Wicked Spatula made to go with it!
The star of this dish is obviously the Dr. Pepper (I get mine at Walmart for the best price). Yes pork, you’re great too. But lets let somebody else shine for once, shall we? And boy does the Dr. Pepper shine in more ways than one. This football season, Dr. Pepper is an official sponsor of college football and the presenter of The National Championship Trophy. How cool?!
If you’re not much of a college football fan, you might be a fan of some money, yes? Listen up because this is good: Dr. Pepper is giving you the chance to #WinTuition by playing a digital football toss game for a chance to win $20,000 in tuition which can also be used to pay of student loans. Now that is pretty awesome. <<Click here to play the game>> You guys, I played the game and it’s so fun!
Dr. Pepper will also be giving away free prizes as well as an additional $5,000 in tuition to one lucky winner in select Walmart locations (check store times and listing here).
Now, head to Walmart, grab some Dr. Pepper, enter the contest, and make this Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
- 4 lb. pork shoulder (also known as pork butt)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 7 oz. can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 12 oz. cans Dr. Pepper
- Season both sides of the pork with the salt and pepper and place it in a slow cooker (mine is 6 quarts). Add the onion, chipotle peppers, and both cans of Dr. Pepper. Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 8 hours (flip the pork once halfway through cooking).
- When the pork is done (it should be extremely tender), remove it from the slow cooker and place on a large platter or cutting board. Shred the pork, using 2 forks until all the pork is shredded.
- Strain the fat off of the cooking liquid and mix in some of the cooking liquid into the pork to keep it moist.
- If desired, you can add the liquid to a sauce pan and simmer it on the stove top until it reduces and thickens a bit. This is a bit more time consuming but delicious!
- Serve the pulled pork on rolls of choice.
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman .
IF YOU LOVE THIS SLOW COOKER DR. PEPPER PULLED PORK RECIPE, BE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR FREE EMAIL UPDATES! NEW RECIPES WILL BE DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Other Slow Cooker Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken – What The Fork Food Blog
Crock Pot BBQ Chicken Quinoa – Food Faith Fitness
Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls – The Kitchn
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes – Creme de la Crumb
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting What The Fork Food Blog ♥