Grain Free Blueberry Muffins are and easy and delicious breakfast that can be made ahead for busy mornings.
Grain Free Blueberry Muffins
Muffins are definitely a family favorite breakfast in my house. We’re super lazy when it comes to breakfast during the week, we just like to be able to grab something quick with hardly any effort.
And by we, I mean me. I have two kids (ages 2 and 3) to get ready and out the door by 8 am to get my 3-year-old to pre-school during the week. Getting out of the house that early is a small miracle in itself so nice breakfasts are not happening, no way no how.
A muffin while I throw lunches into cute boxes and wrap everyone in their 80-bajilion layers is about all I can manage in the morning. I know you feel me; you guys are all probably in the same boat.
I’ve been making these grain free blueberry muffins for a while and during the holidays, I made some grain free cranberry orange muffins which were equally good. These blueberry ones are definitely their favorite though because my kids are pretty much obsessed with berries.
And I seriously mean obsessed. We spend way too much money on fresh berries every week. Since I had them on hand, I used fresh blueberries but you could use frozen blueberries instead. Feel free to step out of the blueberry box too. You could use mixed berries or even cherries. Cherries and almond are so good together. And now I just might have to work on a recipe for that next 😉
These muffins are pretty much bursting with fabulous blueberry flavor, which makes me think about spring. Bad news is, it’s still quite a while until spring is actually here. If you’re buried in snow still, just close your eyes when you take a bite and pretend that you hear birds chirping and there’s lush, green grass in the yard. Repeat until spring is actually here and you’re good to go. Enjoy!
PS – You can also find the full Grain Free Blueberry Muffins recipe over on Food Fanatic.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love this recipe for grain free blueberry muffins, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
Grain Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups finely ground Almond Flour Honeyville or Anthony's Good's recommended
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Powder
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 cup Blueberries I used fresh
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Shortening measured than melted
- 4 large Eggs Room temperature
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup muffin tin with parchment muffin liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot powder, coconut flour, and baking soda. Stir in the blueberries to coat with the flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted shortening, eggs, honey, vanilla, and almond extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the 12 muffin cups and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in an air-tight container up to two days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Facts are estimated and aren't always accurate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist if you have special dietary needs.