Butterscotch Tassies are mini flaky cookie cups with a delicious butterscotch and chocolate filling. This is an easy recipe from Chrystal Carver’s new cookbook: Sweet & Simple Gluten-Free Baking.
Disclosure: I was compensated for this post with but my opinions are my own. This post also contains affiliate links. I will make a small profit when you purchase through my affiliate links but there is no additional cost for you. You can read my full disclosure here.
When Chrystal Carver of Gluten-Free Palate asked me to review her new cookbook, Sweet & Simple Gluten-Free Baking, her recipe for Butterscotch Tassies stood out. Hello, butterscotch? YES to ALL the butterscotch. Ok so… I had never heard of butterscotch tassies (or any tassies) before trying this recipe. I know, I must live under some kind of rock. But they just weren’t something I grew up with. Apparently, pecan tassies are a southern cookie. Well now that makes sense. This born and raised New Englander is apparently not up on her southern cuisine. And that is about to change.
While these aren’t the traditional pecan tassies, they’re de-licious. Butterscotch is such a wonderful flavor and I feel like I don’t use it enough. Another great thing about this recipe is the fact that there are less than 10 ingredients. In fact, almost every single recipe in Chrystal’s cookbook can be made with less than ten ingredients! While I tend to be an ingredient using queen, it’s nice to also have simple, yet tasty recipes that can be made quickly and with only a few ingredients. Recipes like this are especailly great for people who don’t cook or bake often or for people who are just starting out in the kitchen. Not that I’m excluding those who spend a considerable amout of time in the kitchen though – they’ll love the recipes in Sweet & Simple Gluten-Free Baking too! Chrystal really hit the simple and delicious concept out of the park with her recipes.
Chrystal has SO many wonderful recipes in her cookbook. In addition to these cute little butterscotch tassies, she’s got recipes for red velvet cupcakes, pumpkin cupcakes, waffles, cookies, cheesecakes, bars and MORE. This book is FULL of fabulous gluten-free treats. You can get your very own copy here. OR you can win a copy! Chrystal has so graciously offered to give one of my lovely readers a signed copy of Sweet & Simple Gluten-Free Baking! Good Luck and Enjoy!
Enter the Giveaway here:
For the Pastry:
- 1/2 C (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
For the Filling:
- 1/2 C gluten-free butterscotch chips
- 1/4 C gluten-free chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Position the oven rack in the center of oven.
- For the Pastry: In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter and cream cheese. Beat until smooth and creamy. Add flour; beat on low speed until combined. Shape dough into 24 balls. Press each ball evenly and up the sides of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups; set aside.
- For the Filling: In a small saucepan, combine butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and butter. Heat and stir over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Whisk in sugar and egg.
- Spoon the chocolate butterscotch mixture evenly into the pastry shells, filling 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is puffed.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the tassies cool in the pan on a wire rack. Once cooled, carefully remove the tassies from the pan.
- Place cookies between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container. Store at room temperature.
If you love this recipe for Butterscotch Tassies, be sure to sign up for free email updates! New recipes and giveaway updates will be delivered straight to your inbox!
This recipe is linked to Merry Monday, Inspiration Monday, Made by You Monday, Two Cup Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Create Link Inspire, You’re Gonna Love It Tuesday, Time to Sparkle, Tickle My Tastebuds, The SITS Girls, Create & Share DIY and Recipe Party, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, Show and Share Wednesday, Wine’d Down Wednesday, A Little Bird Told Me Link Party, Full Plate Thursday, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Create it Thursday, Pin It Thursday, Your Turn To Shine, Pin Junkie Pin Party, Gluten-Free Fridays, Link Party Palooza, Foodie Friday, Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday, Foodie Friday, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Show Stopper Saturday, Saturday Night Fever, Weekend Bites, Weekend Wind-Down, The Weekend Social, Weekend Potluck, Best of the Weekend, Weekend Recipe Link Party and Sweet & Savoury Sunday.