Get in the kitchen and get ready to bake the September Gluten Free Baking Challenge recipe! This month, we’re baking with apples and making an easy seasonal gluten free dessert!
Welcome back to the Gluten Free Baking Challenge! We took the summer off because honestly, summer just isn’t the best time for baking. It’s too hot and we’re way more concerned with making sure we get enough beach days and family time in!
As usual, I polled the Gluten Free Baking Club to see what recipe they wanted to make for the first baking challenge back after the break. The choices were Apple Pie Bars, Apple Pie, Apple Muffins, or Apple Cheesecake.
All really tasty options, if you ask me. SUPER hard to choose between them, right?! But there was one clear winner. I mean, it really is a win-win whichever recipe was chosen, right?
I’m not gonna lie, the recipe the group chose took a little bit of tweaking. It wasn’t as easy as I thought it was going to be but is anything ever?? 🙈😅
This recipe took me several test batches to get right but the extra effort was worth it. It’s a total mouthwatering result that I know you’re going to love as much as I do. And I really love it because I may or may not have had a few of the the extras for breakfast a few days.
IT’S FRUIT OKAY?!
The September Gluten Free Baking Challenge Recipe is ….
Gluten Free Apple Pie Bars 🍏🍎
This Fall-forward dessert features a shortbread-like crust, apple filling, and a crumb topping. These apple pie bars taste just like apple pie but with much less work!
They’re perfect for bringing to Fall/Harvest parties or for sweet snacks to share with family, friends, or co-workers. Time to get yourself to the orchard and pick way too many apples!
Tips for Making Apple Pie Bars
- Don’t use Macintosh Apples in this recipe, they bake up too mushy for bars.
- This recipe can be doubled. If you want a larger batch to feed a bigger crowd, you can double the recipe and bake it in a 9×13 inch pan. You may need to increase the baking time a bit.
- Get more tips in the Gluten Free Apple Pie Bars post.
Where To Share Your Photos
Share your photos to one or more, mentioned below. Only one is required as an entry for the giveaway so don’t feel like you need to share everywhere!
- Instagram – Share your photo of the Gluten Free Baking Challenge recipe to your public Instagram account. (If it’s a private account, I won’t be able to see it.)
- To qualify, you must use the #gfbakingchallenge and tag @whattheforkfoodblog
- Then, you must enter the link to your Instagram post in the giveaway form below.
- Facebook Group – If you’re a member of the Gluten Free Baking Club Facebook group, you can post your image there.
- To qualify for the prize, include the #gfbakingchallenge in your post!
- Once your post is approved, grab the link and to the post and enter it into the giveaway form below.
- Click here to request to join the group.
- Facebook Page – Share your photo to my What The Fork Food Blog Facebook page with the official baking challenge hashtag, #gfbakingchallenge then enter the link to your post into the giveaway form below.
The September Gluten Free Baking Challenge Prize
This month’s gluten free baking challenge prize is a $50 Amazon eGift Card. Please note, your chance of winning the challenge prize has nothing to do with photo quality. Winner will be randomly drawn from the giveaway form. There will be additional entries to increase your chances of winning.
To be eligible for the prize, you must use the entry form to enter. The giveaway form is located at the end of this post directly after the recipe. All winning entries will be verified and winners will be contacted by email.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love gluten free baking recipes, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
September 2019 Gluten Free Baking Challenge