Maple Walnut Granola makes a great snack or breakfast. Enjoy it with milk as a cereal or on its own. Homemade granola is so easy to make, you’ll never go back to store-bought.
My family loves this maple walnut granola. I’ve made 3 batches of this in the last few weeks. It’s perfect for snacking on and it’s also great for breakfast. I love eating it like cereal with some fruit on top – so good! Adam and Kelsey prefer eating it dry and snacking on it. Either way, it’s awesome.
The first time I made this granola, it was the first time I’d ever made it from scratch. And I’m never turning back to store-bought. The great thing about homemade granola is that you can completely customize it to your taste. It’s also super easy to make. If I knew how easy it was to make granola, I would have been making it years ago.
In other news, I’m currently watching SNL’s 40th anniversary – so funny! So I don’t have too much more about this granola since I’m pretty much too busy laughing to be able to form anything coherent. So I’ll leave you with this: This maple walnut granola is waaaay better than “Colon Blow”. Enjoy!
Maple Walnut Granola
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats and walnuts and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, honey, salt and vanilla extract. Mix well and pour over the oats.
- Stir the oat mixture well until all the oats are coated with the wet ingredients. Spread the oats out on the prepared baking sheet and smooth out until you have an even layer.
- Bake the granola at 300 degrees for 25 minutes. The oats will not be crispy yet but will crisp up as they cool.
- Cool the granola completely on the baking sheet. Once cooled, break the granola up into pieces. Store in an air-tight container up to 3 weeks.
This granola is great for snacking or as a cereal. It also makes a great homemade gift!
If you love this Maple Walnut Granola recipe, be sure to sign up for free email updates! New recipes will be delivered straight to your inbox!
This post is linked to Inspiration Monday, Made by You Monday, Two Cup Tuesday, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Create Link Inspire, You’re Gonna Love It Tuesday, The SITS Girls, Create & Share DIY and Recipe Party, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, Wine’d Down Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Create it Thursday, Crafty and Delicious Party, Your Turn To Shine, Pin Junkie Pin Party, Gluten-Free Fridays, Link Party Palooza, Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday, Savoring Saturdays, Saturday Night Fever, Weekend Wind-Down, Weekend Potluck and Best of the Weekend.