These Gluten Free Toasted Coconut Truffles are the perfect chocolate coconut pairing. Truffles made with coconut milk and rich chocolate are rolled in toasted coconut. Few ingredients, easy to make and totally delicious.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. YOU CAN READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE HERE. AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING WHAT THE FORK FOOD BLOG!
Gluten Free Toasted Coconut Truffles
These gluten free toasted coconut truffles are similar to my easy chocolate truffle recipe but instead of heavy cream, I used coconut milk. I also rolled them in toasted coconut instead of cocoa powder for extra coconut flavor. To keep these completely dairy free, use dairy free chocolate chips.
By now, I’m sure you’re all well aware of my coconut obsession. It’s my favorite thing ever. You know that question, what are the three things you bring with you if you were stuck on a deserted island?
Naturally, my answer would be coconut. But, to me a ‘deserted island’ means tropical because, duh an island is surrounded by water. And let’s ignore the fact that there are islands that aren’t close to the Equator, we can just pretend they don’t exist for this hypothetical situation I’ve created for no apparent reason.
[Tweet “TOASTED COCONUT EVERYTHING. #truffles #obsessed from @WhatTheForkBlog”]
So. Tropical means coconuts. Which means, I’d still get to choose three things since coconuts are already there. I win at games like this.
[Tweet “Tough day? Toasted Coconut Truffles to the rescue! #recipe from @WhatTheForkBlog”]
Anyways, coconut. My grandfather-in-law loves coconut as much as I do so these gluten free toasted coconut truffles were actually a birthday gift for him. Every time I make something with coconut or the word coconut pops up in conversation, he likes to tell me about all the fresh coconut he had when he was in the military stationed in Guam.
You guys, he even had a monkey! I mean really, that’s living the island life. All the coconuts you could ever want AND a pet monkey. So awesome.
These toasted coconut truffles, also awesome. Enjoy!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love this toasted coconut truffles recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
Toasted Coconut Truffles
- 1/2 C full fat coconut milk
- 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips use dairy free for completely dairy free truffles
- 1 Tbsp brewed coffee
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 C toasted coconut*
- Add the chocolate chips to a medium sized glass bowl and set aside.
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium low heat, stirring occasionally. Heat until the coconut milk comes to a simmer. Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate chips and let sit for 3-5 minutes. Stir the chocolate and coconut milk until the chocolate is completely melted. Stir in the coffee and coconut extract. Let the truffle mixture cool to room temperature.
- When the chocolate is room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When the chocolate is thoroughly chilled, line a baking sheet with wax paper (or parchment) and scoop the truffles 1 tablespoon at a time, roll into balls and roll in the toasted coconut. Place on the prepared sheet and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve truffles at room temperature and store in the refrigerator in an covered container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Facts are estimated and aren't always accurate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist if you have special dietary needs.
Other homemade candy recipes you might like:
Toasted Coconut Fudge from What The Fork Food Blog
Salted Caramel Mocha Truffles from Shugary Sweets
Coconut Cream Truffles from Crazy for Crust
Salted Caramel Fudge Cups from Delightful E Made
Gluten Free Oreo Truffles from What The Fork Food Blog