This Easy Italian Salad is the perfect way to dress up pizza night! Or add this side salad to any meal to amp up your veggie intake.
I was compensated for the development of this recipe by Freschetta. All opinions are 100% mine. Thank you for supporting the brands that support What The Fork Food Blog!
Friday night is pizza right? It is in our house. Well, sometimes. Truthfully, I’d probably be happy with pizza night every night. And my kids would be too.
However, since pizza every night of the week might not be the best idea, we’ll limit it to Friday, ok? Sometimes we like to do quick frozen pizza but the gluten free options are a little limited. We recently had the chance to try Freschetta Gluten Free Thin & Crispy Pizza and we were definitely impressed.
We tried the Gluten Free Thin & Crispy Signature Pepperoni Pizza. The crust was definitely thin, but a good thin because it got so super crispy. There’s a good amount of sauce (we’re picky about sauce – no skimping here!), the cheese melted nicely and there was enough pepperoni for every bite. We were pretty impressed with the quality of this frozen pizza.
I baked my pizza on parchment paper on a pizza pan at 450 degrees for the minimum suggested baking time and it came out perfectly crisp, the cheese was perfectly melted and it was perfectly tasty.
Since we loved this pizza so much, I’ve partnered with Freschetta to bring you a pizza inspired giveaway! One winner will receive free product coupons and some great pizza making gear – apron, pizza cutter and pizza pan (total prize pack valued around $100). Be sure to check out the giveaway form at the end of this post!
This will definitely be making an appearance at many pizza nights to come and so will this easy salad. And who doesn’t love tossed salad recipes!? It starts with bagged salad greens because I love a good shortcut, don’t you? I used an Italian blend which is romaine lettuce with some red cabbage.
[Tweet “An easy Italian Salad is the perfect side on Pizza Night – ps pizza night is every night, right?”]
I love the extra bit of purple the cabbage brings to the salad party. It’s also got some pretty familiar salad toppings from a popular “Italian” eatery – cherry tomatos, black olives, red onion and pepperoncini and it’s topped with a homemade Italian dressing. Oh and some freshly grated parmesan cheese. You can’t have an Italian salad without parmesan cheese. It just isn’t happening.
So remember, Friday = Pizza Night. Plus Italian Salad. Enjoy!
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – i love seeing what you make!
if you love this easy italian salad recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
Easy Italian Salad with Freschetta Gluten Free Pizza
For the Italian Dressing
- 1/4 C + 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
For the Salad
- 2 bags of Italian Blend lettuce romaine with red cabbage
- 3/4 C cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 C pitted black olives
- 1/8 red onion cut into thin slices/rings
- 6 pepperoncini whole
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese for servings optional
- To make the dressing mayonnaise, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, parsley, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper to a blender. While blending, slowly drizzle in the olive oil through the opening in the blender lid. Blend until ingredients are combined and thicken ever so slightly. Transfer dressing to a sealable glass container (like a mason jar) until ready to serve if not serving immediately.
- To assemble the salad, add the lettuce to a large bowl. Toss with the Italian dressing now if serving immediately. You don't have to dress the salad though, you can just pour over individual servings if desired.
- Top the lettuce with the cherry tomatoes, black olives, onion slices and pepperoncini. Top with extra freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Do not add the salad dressing until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Facts are estimated and aren't always accurate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist if you have special dietary needs.
Other salad recipes you might like:
Strawberry Kale Salad from What The Fork Food Blog
Chopped Veggie Salad from The Gluten Free Homemaker
Avocado Caprese Chicken Salad from Joyful Healthy Eats
Summer Breeze Salad with Granola Croutons from Heartbeat Kitchen