Mini cheesecakes with a chocolate chip cookie crust, creamy cheesecake center and topped with an eggless chocolate chip cookie dough. These gluten free chocolate chip cookie dough mini cheesecakes are for cookie dough lovers and cheesecake lovers alike.
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mini Cheesecakes
I have a confession. This recipe came about because I had a container of chocolate chip cookies getting stale. I know, I know. It’s probably a crime somewhere. But I don’t eat a lot of cookies and Adam just wasn’t eating 3 dozen cookies fast enough. I should have frozen some or given some away but I wasn’t thinking straight, apparently.
So I was trying to think of what I can do with chocolate chip cookies that weren’t bad but were no longer at their peak. Turning things (like bread, crackers, pretzels, etc.) into crumbs is usually my go-to thing when they’re on their way to Staleville. My next thought was turning the crumbs into a crust, cheesecake ideas bounced around in my brain and here is the result. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mini Cheesecakes. Yum, yum and yu-um.
And this time around I got smart – no desserts are getting left behind to get old here! See, I owed my father-in-law a little thank you treat and these chocolate chip cookie dough mini cheesecakes fit the bill. My father-in-law has done A LOT to help us fix things up around our house since we bought it several years ago. So far, he’s put in a new dishwasher, moved a water line to put our fridge in a different place, helped us build a shed, changed our sliding closet doors to doors that pull open, installed a wall ac unit, and some other various things. It totally pays to have someone handy in the family and I pay with a currency otherwise known as dessert.
This past July, my father-in-law helped Adam build me a deck. I reaaalllly wanted a deck (built over the existing concrete slab patio) and thanks to Adam, his dad, my brother and my dad, I got an awesomely huge deck for my birthday. Yay! But building a deck is so time-consuming and takes tons of time. It took the whole 4th of July weekend (minus 1 day due to rain) plus some other random days to finish the stairs and the railings. Adam’s dad was here quite a bit helping to get all of that done. So I had to make him something special as a nice ‘thank-you’. And by had to, I mean wanted to. These little cheesecakes are the perfect little token of appreciation.
These chocolate chip cookie dough mini cheesecakes are sososo good. Chocolate chip cookie crumb crust, creamy cheesecake, hot fudge and chocolate chip cookie dough. #yesplease. The chocolate chip cookie dough is what makes this cheesecake. It’s the best of both worlds, cheesecake and cookie dough. You guys need to try this. It’s almost too good to explain. I mean, really. Cheesecake tastes amazing. Cookie dough is amazing. It’s a whole lotta amazing in one little package. It’s #bangarang
ps the cookie dough has NO EGGS so it’s totally safe to eat raw!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love this chocolate chip cookie dough mini cheesecakes recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mini Cheesecakes
For the Cheesecakes:
- 1 C chocolate chip cookie crumbs gluten-free or regular
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- 3 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- hot fudge sauce
For the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour or regular all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and line muffin tins with 18 paper liners.
- Mix chocolate chip cookie crumbs with melted butter and evenly distrubute between the 18 cups and press down to form crust.
- In a large bowl (or with a stand mixer) beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until combined. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Use a scoop to cover crusts. I used a large OXO scoop (about 3 Tbsp).
- Bake 25- 30 min or until centers are set. Cool completely on a wire rack and then refrigerate for 2 hours.
- While cheesecakes are cooling, make the cookie dough. Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Mix in milk and vanilla.
- Add flour and mini chocolate chips. Mix until combined. Refrigerate cookie dough (FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES) until cheesecakes are done cooling.
- To assemble the cheesecakes, top each mini cheesecake with 1-2 tsp hot fudge sauce. (I used Hershey's Special Dark). Form cookie dough into 18 balls of dough. I used a medium OXO scoop and it made exactly 18.
- Place a ball of cookie dough on top of the hot fudge. Top with additional hot fudge sauce, if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Facts are estimated and aren't always accurate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist if you have special dietary needs.