Cheesy, hot squares mixed with herbs and studded with pepperoni. These pepperoni squares are the perfect snack for game day or appetizer for any party or get-together.
Gluten Free Pepperoni Squares
These pepperoni squares are another one of my moms recipes that I just HAD to share with you. They were an appetizer that we frequently had and for good reason – they’re wicked good. They’re also really simple to make. One bowl, minimal prep and lots of hot, cheesy, delicious pepperoni squares.
We always used to have these at family parties when I was a kid. Then we just kind of stopped having them. I don’t know if it’s because my mom went gluten-free or what. But then she recently started making them (gluten-free) for some church/marriage encounter functions and I knew I needed to add them back into the regular appetizer repertoire again.
I’ve made them twice in the last month. They’re that good. I even made them for my sister’s birthday party – she’s a vegetarian. A little ironic but don’t worry – I also brought hummus and veggies so it was all good.
When we eat them, we eat them plain, no dipping sauce. In my opinion, they’re fantastic on their own and not everything needs to be dipped in something. But if you absolutely need to dip these pepperoni squares into something other than your mouth, try them with marinara. Enjoy!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love this pepperoni squares recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
- 2 C milk
- 2 C gluten-free all-purpose flour or regular flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum omit if using regular all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic powder
- 16 oz cheese cubed (see notes for suggestions)
- 8 oz pepperoni cubed
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, flour, xanthan gum (if using), pepper, parsley, oregano and garlic powder.
- Fold in pepperoni and cheese.
- Spread batter evenly into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Before cutting, pour any excess pepperoni grease out of the pan and dab the top to absorb extra grease. Cut into small squares and serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Facts are estimated and aren't always accurate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist if you have special dietary needs.