This Eggnog Cake with White Chocolate Ganache Whipped Cream Frosting is the epitome of Christmas Desserts. Dense eggnog cake with a light, sweet, creamy and airy whipped cream frosting flavored with white chocolate ganache. It’s perfect for any holiday get-together.
Last Friday, I posted the recipe for the White Chocolate Ganache Whipped Cream because I was leading up to an awesome dessert. That, my friends, would be this Eggnog Cake. It’s dense like a pound cake, has a wonderfully warm spice taste from the nutmeg and is perfectly complimented by the light whipped cream frosting. This cake is pretty impressive and would make a great addition to any holiday dessert table. If you’re not an eggnog fan, you’ll still enjoy this cake! I can’t bring myself to drink (or even try a sip) of eggnog. I just can’t. But I do love baking with it!
I made this cake for a family dinner last week and it got great reviews, even from my dad who swears he can always taste the difference between a gluten-free cake and a regular cake. He knew this was gluten-free since everything is always gluten-free but he was impressed with the taste and texture. Meaning, if he didn’t know ahead of time, it would have been a tough one to call.
If you’re worried about how the whipped cream frosting is going to hold up, don’t be! The white chocolate ganache really helps hold the whipped cream together and it doesn’t start to get soggy, soupy or watery. I still have a piece of the cake left after a week (I know… how is that possible?) and the frosting is still going strong! Just make sure you keep it refrigerated, obviously.
In other news, we are not enjoying this cold weather. It was so mild and almost warm last week and now it’s SO cold. We even got a little dusting of snow the other morning. Kelsey was loving the snow and was pretty bummed when it melted later that morning. She’ll probably be really excited when we get our first real snow storm. So I guess this holiday cake plus the onslaught of cold weather truly means winter and the holiday season are right around the corner. Yay for the holidays but boo to winter… Anyways, enjoy the eggnog cake!
Eggnog Cake with White Chocolate Ganache Whipped Cream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two 9-inch cake pans with non-stick spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, sift together gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl (or glass measuring cup) whisk together eggs, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup of the eggnog. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and the remaining 1/2 cup of the eggnog into the flour mixture (2 minutes) until the batter is light. Slowly add in the egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Divide the batter between the two pans, smooth out the tops and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes then remove the cakes from the pans and cool on the rack until completely cooled.
- Frost with the White Chocolate Ganache Whipped Cream .
- Keep the frosted cake refrigerated until 20 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure here[/url].
Recipe adapted from [url href=http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00AA1CJFI/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&condition=new&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=whthfofobl-20&linkId=7P5L6SIRVGINSCC5 target=_blank]Cuisine Holiday Baking .
If you love this recipe for Eggnog Cake with White Chocolate Ganache Whipped Cream Frosting, be sure to sign up for free email updates! New recipes will be delivered straight to your inbox!
Get the Recipe for my Two Ingredient White Chocolate Ganache Whipped Cream here.
This recipe is linked to Merry Monday, Inspiration Monday, Made by You Monday, Two Cup Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Totally Talented Tuesdays, Create Link Inspire, You’re Gonna Love It Tuesday, Time to Sparkle, Tickle My Tastebuds, The SITS Girls, Create & Share DIY and Recipe Party, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Allergy Free Wednesday, Show and Share Wednesday, Wine’d Down Wednesday, A Little Bird Told Me Link Party, Full Plate Thursday, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Create it Thursday, Pin It Thursday, Your Turn To Shine, Pin Junkie Pin Party, Gluten-Free Fridays, Link Party Palooza, Foodie Friday, Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday, Foodie Friday, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Show Stopper Saturday, Saturday Night Fever, Weekend Wind-Down, The Weekend Social, Weekend Potluck, Best of the Weekend and Weekend Recipe Link Up Party.