This Gluten Free Eggnog Cake with White Chocolate Ganache Whipped Cream Frosting is the epitome of Christmas Desserts. Dense eggnog cake with a light, sweet, creamy and airy whipped cream frosting flavored with white chocolate ganache. It’s perfect for any holiday get-together.
This post contains affiliate links for ingredients and/or equipment used to make this recipe. Thank you for supporting What The Fork Food Blog ♥ — Photos updated November 2017.
Last Friday, I posted the recipe for the White Chocolate Ganache Whipped Cream because I was leading up to an awesome dessert. That, my friends, would be this Eggnog Cake. It’s dense like a pound cake, has a wonderfully warm spice taste from the nutmeg and is perfectly complimented by the light whipped cream frosting.
This cake is pretty impressive and would make a great addition to any holiday dessert table. If you’re not an eggnog fan, you’ll still enjoy this cake! I can’t bring myself to drink (or even try a sip) of eggnog. I just can’t. But I do love baking with it!
I made this cake for a family dinner last week and it got great reviews, even from my dad who swears he can always taste the difference between a gluten-free cake and a regular cake. He knew this was gluten-free since everything is always gluten-free but he was impressed with the taste and texture. Meaning, if he didn’t know ahead of time, it would have been a tough one to call.
If you’re worried about how the whipped cream frosting is going to hold up, don’t be! The white chocolate ganache really helps hold the whipped cream together and it doesn’t start to get soggy, soupy or watery.
I still have a piece of the cake left after a week (I know… how is that possible?) and the frosting is still going strong! Just make sure you keep it refrigerated, obviously.
In other news, we are not enjoying this cold weather. It was so mild and almost warm last week and now it’s SO cold. We even got a little dusting of snow the other morning.
Kelsey was loving the snow and was pretty bummed when it melted later that morning. She’ll probably be really excited when we get our first real snow storm. So I guess this holiday cake plus the onslaught of cold weather truly means winter and the holiday season are right around the corner. Yay for the holidays but boo to winter… Anyways, enjoy the eggnog cake!
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – i love seeing what you make!
if you love this gluten free eggnog cake recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
| snapchat – whattheforkblog |
sign up for my free newsletter subscription for new recipes and exclusive giveaways + my free ecookbook – recipes with chocolate
Eggnog Cake with White Chocolate Ganache Whipped Cream Frosting
Gluten Free Eggnog Cake is a dense cake (like pound cake) with a light, sweet, creamy and airy whipped cream frosting flavored with white chocolate ganache.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray two 9-inch cake pans with non-stick spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, sift together gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl (or glass measuring cup) whisk together eggs, vanilla extract and 1/2 cup of the eggnog. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and the remaining 1/2 cup of the eggnog into the flour mixture (2 minutes) until the batter is light. Slowly add in the egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Divide the batter between the two pans, smooth out the tops and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes then remove the cakes from the pans and cool on the rack until completely cooled.
- Frost with White Chocolate Ganache Whipped Cream .
- Keep the frosted cake refrigerated until 20 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Get the Recipe for my Two Ingredient White Chocolate Ganache Whipped Cream Frosting here.