These easy Gluten Free Almond Joy Pancakes are a hearty and tasty way to start the day. They’re filled with all your candy bar favorites; coconut, almonds, and chocolate.
This post is sponsored by Pamela’s Products. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support What The Fork.
Gluten Free Almond Joy Pancakes
It’s been a really long time since I’ve posted a pancake recipe around here. And by a long time, I mean a reaaalllly long time. Like more than 2 years. 2 YEARS. Mainly it’s because Kelsey’s Chocolate Chip Pancakes are still a family favorite around here and that’s pretty much all we make.
She and my husband still make them often on Saturday mornings, just dairy free. And now they usually have sprinkles in addition to the chocolate chips. They’re really good but honestly, while they can eat the same pancakes all the time, I tend to get a little bored with them.
I like to mix the flavors up a little bit, ya know? So while these gluten free almond joy pancakes still have chocolate chips, they’re got an extra punch of flavor from the almond extract, almonds, and coconut.
I also made these pancakes with Pamela’s Buttermilk Pancake Mix. The new mix is made with sprouted brown rice flour and has 11 grams of whole grains and 7 grams of protein per serving! It’s also gum-free and has no added sugars in the mix itself.
As far as pancake mixes go, I had never really been a fan just because it wasn’t something we had when I was growing up. This mix, though, has totally won me over and will be a staple for sure. I was incredibly impressed. The pancakes were fluffy, the flavor was great, and having a mix on hand is incredibly convenient.
The taste and fluffy texture of these pancakes reminded me of diner pancakes. And that’s coming from someone that does not have to eat gluten free (like my husband does) so I can actually compare them to their gluten counterpart. I give this pancake mix two thumbs up. Quick note- If you REALLY like fluffy pancakes, like I mentioned before about diner pancakes, try these Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes by Nicole from Gluten Free on a Shoestring.
I topped these pancakes with extra almonds, coconut, and chocolate chips and added a little drizzle of my Paleo Hot Fudge Sauce to send these pancakes over-the-top delicious. If you’re more of a maple syrup person, maple syrup works with these too. Enjoy!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG #WHATTHEFORKFOODBLOG OR TAG @WHATTHEFORKFOODBLOG – I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
IF YOU LOVE THIS recipe for gluten free almond joy pancakes, BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA SO YOU NEVER MISS A POST:
Gluten Free Almond Joy Pancakes
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 C unsweetened coconut milk water, or regular dairy milk
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup optional
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 C Pamela's Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1/4 C chocolate chips
- 1/4 C shredded coconut
- 1/4 C chopped raw almonds
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, maple syrup, and almond extract.
- Stir in the pancake mix until dry ingredients are incorporated. Mixture will be lumpy. Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds. Let the batter sit while the griddle preheats. Batter will thicken.
- Preheat non-stick griddle to medium low heat. When the griddle is hot, add 1/4 cup of pancake batter per pancake to the pan. Spread into a circle.
- The pancakes are ready to flip when the bottom is golden brown, the pancakes have puffed, and bubble start tor rise to the surface. Flip pancakes and cook on the other side until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve hot and top with extra almonds, chocolate chips, coconut, and chocolate sauce if desired. These can also be served with maple syrup instead of chocolate sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Facts are estimated and aren't always accurate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist if you have special dietary needs.