These Chocolate Ice Cream Cups are like a peanut butter cup but filled with ice cream instead of peanut butter. They make a fun summer dessert!
YOU GUYS. It has been SO hot this summer! So many 90 degree days! Not that I’m complaining though, I’d gladly take this heat over the cold and snow. Plus, beating the heat means cool treats ????
Last year, I participated in the So Delicious recipe contest and entered with my Frozen Mint Chip Pie. I had so much fun with that recipe, I decided to do it again this year and participate in the So Delicious #FrozenFridays.
There are quite a few bloggers participating this year – I mean, who wouldn’t want to? We get to experiment with pints, on pints, on pints! It’s an ice cream lovers dream!
This year, I decided to use the So Delicious cashew based ice cream – I love it! It’s really creamy and even though it’s dairy free, it’s got a smooth “ice cream” feel that’s similar to ice cream made with regular dairy products. The recipe I made for this year’s contest is fairly simple – Chocolate Ice Cream Cups.
They’re like peanut butter cups but instead of peanut butter, they’re filled with ice cream! So Delicious CashewMilk Very Vanilla to be exact. And half of them are filled with the CashewMilk Cappuccino ☕️????
But really, you could use your favorite flavor of So Delicious Frozen Desserts. They’d ALL be spectacular.
These ice cream cups are really easy to make and there are minimal ingredients. I use dairy free semi-sweet chocolate and a bit of coconut oil for the chocolate cup and then you fill them! They need a little bit of time in the freezer but really, easy peasy! It’s another great no-bake dessert to keep handy for these super hot days. Enjoy!
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – i love seeing what you make!
if you love this recipe for chocolate ice cream cups, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
sign up for my free newsletter subscription for new recipes and exclusive giveaways + my free ecookbook – recipes with chocolate
Chocolate Ice Cream Cups
These chocolate covered Ice Cream Cups are like a peanut butter cup but filled with ice cream instead of peanut butter. They make a fun summer dessert!
- 10 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips (dairy free)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 pint dairy free vanilla ice cream (or flavor of choice)
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or place 12 Silicon Cupcake Liners on a baking sheet. (The silicon liners make for easier removal.)
- Add the chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl. Heat at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir well, then continue to heat at 50% power for 30 second intervals until melted, stirring well after each heating.
- Spoon a few teaspoons of the melted chocolate into the liners and use a spoon or pastry brush to coat the sides of the liners with the chocolate, coating them about 3/4 inch up the side. Reserve the remaining chocolate.
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until the chocolate is hardened. Let the ice cream sit out at room temperature while the chocolate is in the freezer.
- When the chocolate is set, scoop 1 rounded tablespoon of ice cream into the chocolate cups. Use a spoon to flatten and fill the chocolate evenly. Repeat for all 12 cups.
- Top with the remaining chocolate (melt it again if necessary). Smooth the tops of the chocolate cups and then freeze for 2 hours or until completely frozen. Remove the cupcake liners before serving.