What’s better than a gluten free peanut butter cookie? When you stuff it with peanut butter cups to make Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups! They’re super easy to make and will disappear quickly from the cookie jar!
Gluten Free Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups? YES PLEASE! These are like peanut butter blossom cookies on steroids. They’d pretty much be banned from the MLB… (That was a joke if you didn’t get the steroid/Major League Baseball reference.) Ba-dum-cchh. (And that was a drum/drum/symbol crash for dumb jokes…)
These Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups are a million times better than my jokes. That’s why I prefer baking to stand up comedy. I’m a little bit more successful in the kitchen. HA.
Aaanyways… moving on… Let’s get back to the chocolate and peanut butter.
Whomever was the first person that combined chocolate and peanut butter was a genius. There’s some pretty outstanding flavor combinations out there but peanut butter and chocolate is probably one of the most popular. I mean, who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter?! Crazy people that’s who.
I knew a girl once in college who hated peanut butter and chocolate together. Except, she liked ketchup on her grilled cheese… Like I said, crazy.
The base of these cookies is pretty much the same as the cookie base in my gluten free peanut butter blossoms (a reader favorite!) and my classic gluten free peanut butter cookies. It’s also very similar to my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – that’s basically a giant version of this! If you haven’t tried it, do itttt.
These Gluten Free Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups are a chocolate-peanut butter dream come true, especially when the Reese’s peanut butter cup is still slightly warm and it’s just so melty and gooey and chocolatey and perfect…
Try them, they’re amazing. You won’t be disappointed.
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
if you love this recipe for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
Reese's Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
- 1/2 C 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/4 C light brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 48 miniature Reese's peanut butter cups
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and mix in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, xantham gum, salt and baking soda.
- With the mixer running on low-speed, add the dry ingredients in a little at a time. Scrape down the sides to make sure it's all incorporated.
- Form dough into a ball and transfer dough to a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap tight and refrigerate 1 hour. Meanwhile, unwrap the mini Reese's peanut butter cups.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray your mini muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- Fill each cup with 1 Tbsp of dough and bake for 10 minutes.
- Immediately press a Reese's peanut butter cup into each cookie cup.
- Let cookies cool completely in pan before removing. Trying to remove the cookie cups while warm may cause the cookie to fall apart.
- Serve as soon as the cookies cool (or as long as you can wait). The chocolate will still be slightly warm.
- Makes 4 dozen cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Facts are estimated and aren't always accurate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist if you have special dietary needs.