Fall meets a classic dessert recipe with these gluten free Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats. They’re easy to make and great for parties!
As a Rodelle Brand Ambassador, I am supplied with ingredients to help keep my pantry stocked. Thank you for supporting brands that support What The Fork Food Blog ♥
It took me a while to nail down the perfect Gluten Free Rice Krispies Treats recipe, but once I did I knew I had created a monster. A Rice Krispies Treats making monster. AKA me.
What I once hated making, I now loved and couldn’t get enough of. Fair warning, there will be many, many gluten free Rice Krispies Treats recipes in our future, my friends.
First up are these gluten free Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats. They’re the Rice Krispies Treats that I tried making before I was even good at making gluten free Rice Krispies Treats. They were the ones that I REALLY wanted to master.
While my first few attempts at these Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats came out “ok” but they weren’t quite what I wanted. Not enough pumpkin, too much spice, and then one time I must have miss-measured something because there was just way too much marshmallow goo. I may have put in 2 extra cups ??
In my defense, I’m often in the kitchen with my 3yo so sometimes we mess up. Not a big deal though because too many marshmallows is not a problem to complain about.
If you read earlier in my original Rice Krispies Treats post, making gluten free Rice Krispies Treats was no walk in the park either. I had many, many failed attempts. Rock hard, too soft, stale cereal… you name it, I had an issue with it.
I think part of the problem was that the gluten free crispy cereal I use is bigger than regular Rice Krispies. With bigger cereal, I needed to use more buttery-marshmallowy glue to help hold it all together. Lots of trial and error finally gave me the results I was looking for and now I can’t stop making them. Again, not a problem to complain about ?
For these Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies treats, I would not recommend using real pumpkin at all and just use pumpkin spice extract. After all that trial and error, I’ve decided that I just don’t love the texture that the pumpkin gives these. It makes the cereal seem stale. At first, I thought it was the cereal but really it was the pumpkin.
I recommend just using Rodelle Pumpkin Spice extract to give these that pumpkin spice flavor. If you don’t have it, you can sub in pumpkin spice mix. You can add some orange gel food coloring to give it the right color.
This Fall meets Rice Krispies version is one of my favorites because you know I love all things pumpkin. You can push this one to the top of the pumpkin lovers list right up there with my Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Bread. They’re recipes you definitely need in your life. Enjoy!
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – i love seeing what you make!
if you love this gluten free Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
This post contains affiliate links for ingredients used to create this recipe. Thank you for helping to support What The Fork Food Blog and the recipe development for this website.
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- 6 cups gluten free crispy rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Rodelle Pumpkin Spice Extract
- orange gel food coloring, optional
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Add the butter to a medium pot and melt over low heat. When the butter is melted, stir in 5 cups of the marshmallows and stir frequently until almost melted.
- Turn off the heat and stir in remaining marshmallows, vanilla extract, pumpkin extract, and orange food coloring (optional) - mix well.
- Stir in the cereal and mix until completely combined. Transfer to the prepared pan and press into the pan, spreading it out evenly. Let cool for at least one hour before slicing into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 107Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 38mgFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g