This Flourless Chocolate Truffle Cake is rich and decadent. Silky chocolate cake, smooth chocolate ganache, and crunchy chocolate hazelnut truffles, it’s the perfect dessert for any occasion.
TODAY’S POST IS SPONSORED BY COLAVITA AND PERUGINA FOR HONEST COOKING. AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING BRANDS THAT SUPPORT WHAT THE FORK FOOD BLOG ♥
Today is part two of my #JoinTheTable feast and the second recipe for the holiday meal is a sweet, sweet dessert. Actually, it’s not really super sweet – just sweet enough to satisfy that mouth full of sweet teeth. I made a fabulous Flourless Chocolate Truffle Cake featuring some of Perugina’s best Italian chocolate.
Flourless chocolate cake has always been one of those classic, decadent desserts. Chocolate, sugar, eggs… what’s not to love? Decadent desserts are made for holidays. There isn’t any other time you can really serve something over the top without it feeling like it’s actually over the top.
This chocolate cake has THE most silky smooth truffle like texture. It’s absolutely divine. But what really sets this flourless chocolate cake apart from the rest are the Perugina Baci (hazelnut truffles) I used to garnish the cake. Chocolate on chocolate, the perfect holiday dessert. The Baci are a great textural contrast to the silky smooth cake and ganache. The hazelnuts inside offer a great unexpected crunch to every bite. To say that it’s unbelievably good is an understatement!
The Spinach and Artichoke Risotto Balls and this flourless chocolate truffle cake are two holiday dishes that need to be at your family table. Enjoy! And don’t forget to enter the Colavita giveaway at end of the post!
Flourless Chocolate Truffle Cake
For the Cake
- 1 3.5 oz. Perugina 51% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bar
- 1 3.5 oz. Perugina 70% Cacao Chocolate Bar
- 1/2 C butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 Tbsp brewed coffee
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 C unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
For the ganache
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9-inch cake pan with non-stick spray and cut a piece of parchment to fit the bottom of the cake pan. Lightly spray the parchment with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Roughly chop 1 51% cacoa chocolate bar and 1 70% cacao chocolate bar. Place in a large microwave safe bowl with the butter. Heat at 50% power for 45 seconds. Stir well and melt at 50% power for 20 seconds. Stir and repeat melting and stirring process until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, coffee, and vanilla extract. Mix in the eggs one at a time until completely combined and then stir in the cocoa powder.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan and bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes (there will be a thin crust on top when done – do not over bake!
- When the cake is done, cool in the pan for 5 minutes then invert it onto a cake stand and cool completely.
- When the cake is cooled, roughly chop the remaining two chocolate bars and add to a microwave safe bowl with the coconut cream (or heavy cream. Heat at 50% power for 45 seconds and stir well. Heat again at 50% power for 20 seconds and stir, repeating the process until the chocolate is melted. Pour the ganache over the cake and smooth it out. Let the cake sit at least an hour so the ganache can set.
- Before serving, top the cake with the Baci as desired. Serve at room temperature and refrigerate leftovers.
Flourless Chocolate Cake adapted from King Arthur Flour .
IF YOU LOVE THIS FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE CAKE RECIPE, BE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR FREE EMAIL UPDATES! NEW RECIPES WILL BE DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Chocolate Risotto – Alimentari
Fruity Flourless Chocolate Olive Oil Cake – Spache the Spatula
Chocolate Polenta Cake with Chile and Orange – Avocado a Day Nutrition
Toasted Coconut Truffles – What The Fork Food Blog