Thick, rich, chewy Snickers Brownies make a decadent dessert that’s quick and easy to make. They’re the ultimate combination of brownies and candy.
I’ve had some fun-sized snickers bars hanging around my house for a while now. Part of me wants to say they’re leftover from Halloween and the other part of me doesn’t want to admit that. Since they clearly weren’t being eaten as is, I thought I’d throw them into a dessert to use them up.
How do we make candy seem more appealing? Put it on a brownie. Brownies just seemed to be the perfect vehicle for those little Snickers bars begging to be eaten. I mean really, could there be anything better than brownies studded with sweet, crunchy, caramel-y candy bars?
No. Snickers brownies, you have ZERO competition.
Speaking of competition, I’m having ANOTHER giveaway! Since What The Fork Food Blog is now 2, I thought two giveaways seemed appropriate. Today’s giveaway is for some of my favorite Rodelle vanilla products – vanilla extract, vanilla beans, baking cocoa, and almond extract. You can enter the giveaway with the giveaway form below the recipe. Good Luck!
The first giveaway can be found below my gluten free meyer lemon bread recipe. That giveaway is for a Le Creuset Signature Saucepan so don’t miss out on that!
Before you get to the recipe, I just want to let you know that these brownies would make fabulous brownie sundaes. Pile them high with with vanilla ice cream, chopped snickers bars, and a drizzle of chocolate AND caramel.
Now, tell me – what’s your favorite way to eat brownies – fudgy, chewy, cake-like, in ice cream, covered in ice cream, by the pan-full? Enjoy!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG #WHATTHEFORKFOODBLOG OR TAG @WHATTHEFORKFOODBLOG – I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE FOR snickers brownies, BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA SO YOU NEVER MISS A POST:
| SNAPCHAT – WHATTHEFORKBLOG |
SIGN UP FOR MY FREE NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION FOR NEW RECIPES AND EXCLUSIVE GIVEAWAYS
Thick, rich, chewy Snickers Brownies make a decadent dessert that are quick and easy to make. They’re the ultimate combination of brownies and candy.
- 5 Tbsp butter (I used grass-fed)
- 1 1/4 C organic cane sugar (or granulated)
- 3/4 C Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 1/3 C avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C gluten free all-purpose flour*
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 10 fun-sized Snickers bars, chopped (about 1 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add the butter and sugar and heat in the microwave until the butter is melted. Stir to combine and add the cocoa powder and oil, mixing well to combine.
- Add the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla and beat the egg to incorporate. Then mix in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch.
- Stir in the Snickers bars and transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until just done. Don't over bake! Cool completely before cutting.
- *I used Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Flour which contains xanthan gum. If your mix does not have xanthan gum, you'll have to add some.
- When my brownies came out of the oven, I added additional chopped Snickers bars - I just pressed them into the slightly cooled brownies.
- Adapted from Handle the Heat .
This post contains affiliate links to products and ingredients used to make this recipe. As always, thank you for supporting What The Fork Food Blog – your support helps make this blog possible ♥