Today’s post is sponsored by MARS. Opinions are 100% my own. As always, thank you for supporting brands that support What The Fork Food Blog ♥
This easy Patriotic Bark makes a great Red, White, and Blue themed dessert. Since it’s no-bake, it comes together in a flash. Eat it by itself or use it to decorate cakes or cupcakes!
Chocolate Bark is one of those foods that everybody loves but nobody really thinks to make. Keep this Patriot Bark recipe in mind for all of your red, white, and blue themed parties – it’s definitely a must have dessert!
First of all, it’s so incredibly easy to make. It’s a no-bake recipe that even kids could make à which is actually a great idea. Spread the chocolate out and then let the kids go to town decorating while you work on something else. Brilliant!
Until you realize there are sprinkles everywhere and that means more to clean up for you. Maybe not so brilliant. They’d probably have a ton of fun though; I know my girls would. They love “decorating” cookies for me a.k.a. playing with and eating their weight in sprinkles.
Anyways, this kind of dessert comes in handy when you need something sweet in a pinch. Forgot you needed to bring a dessert to a party? Make some chocolate bark!
You can literally make any kind of chocolate bark variation with all kinds of candy, dried fruit, pretzels, nuts, etc.
I made this Patriotic Bark with white chocolate candy melts, a swirl of dark chocolate, and LOTS of Red, White, and Blue Peanut M&M’s. I love the extra flavor boost from the peanuts. I chopped up half of M&M’s so the peanuts were visible and their flavor was spread out more throughout the bark.
You could also add additional dry roasted peanuts for even more peanut flavor. I also added plenty of whole Red, White, and Blue Peanut M&M’s so you could see their festive colors in all their glory.
I also used some really fun edible silver stars to really bring out the Patriotic theme here. Red, white, and blue PLUS stars really make this bark perfect for Memorial Day or the 4th of July.
This bark is a simple dessert but you could always take it up a notch by using the bark as a delicious cupcake topper or use it to to make a show-stopping layer cake.
You can really personalize your chocolate bark with candy, toppings, and sprinkles to fit any occasion. M&M’s are Adam’s personal favorite and always have been. They do not last long in our house!
The Red, White, and Blue M&M’s are available at Target, which is where I found mine. If you follow me on Snapchat, you probably saw my snap about picking some up to make this bark. They’ve always got such a great selection of holiday or themed candies, baking ingredients, and décor. Which is why I love going there so much – you go in for one thing and come out with a cartful. It’s impossible not to do it, and I know you know what I’m talking about!
–> Be sure to check out the Cartwheel App for a coupon. Enjoy!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG #WHATTHEFORKFOODBLOG OR TAG @WHATTHEFORKFOODBLOG – I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
IF YOU LOVE THIS easy Patriotic Bark RECIPE, BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA SO YOU NEVER MISS A POST:
- 1 12 oz. package bright white candy melts
- ½ C dark cocoa candy melts (or dark chocolate)
- ½ C peanut M&M’s, roughly chopped
- ½ C peanut M&M’s, whole
- sprinkles, optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the white candy melts to a microwave safe bowl and heat at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and then heat at 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir well. If the candy melts are not completely melted, continue to heat at 50% power for 15 second intervals until completely melted.
- Heat the dark cocoa candy melts in a separate microwave safe bowl at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and continue to heat at 50% power for 15 second intervals until melted.
- Spread the melted white candy over the prepared parchment paper and smooth it out with a spatula until it’s about ¼ inch thick. Drizzle the melted dark cocoa candy melts over the white chocolate and use a toothpick to swirl it together.
- Sprinkle the chopped peanut M&M’s evenly over the melted chocolate and repeat with the whole peanut M&M’s and sprinkles. Gently press the M&M’s into the chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes or until the chocolate is set and hardened. Break the bark into pieces and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Please check product packaging for allergen information/gluten free status.