Get ready to bake the October Gluten Free Baking Challenge recipe! This month, we’re baking with pumpkin and making a popular, seasonal favorite gluten free dessert!
You guys! I can’t believe it’s October already! Wasn’t I just spending my days at the beach with my kids?!?
Since it’s October, that means we’re on to a new gluten free baking challenge recipe. And since it’s October, we’re obviously going to be baking with pumpkin 🎃
The October Gluten Free Baking Challenge Recipe is ….
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake!
The Gluten Free Baking Club voted on the October recipe again. It was a choice between Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins, Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Bread, Gluten Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, and this Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake. Secretly, I’m glad the cake won because I’m always looking for an excuse to make cake!
I’m really excited for you guys to start baking this cake, it’s one of my favorite fall desserts!
Tips for Making this Gluten Free Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- Don’t grease your baking dish. I know, crazy right?? This cake recipe has enough oil in it so it’ll keep your cake from sticking.
- Don’t use pumpkin pie filling – you want pumpkin purée. I’ve used Libby’s and various canned organic pumpkin purée, all work great!
- Add more spice if you prefer a stronger spiced cake. I keep the spices on the simpler side for this cake for a more pronounced pumpkin taste. If you’re looking for more of a pumpkin spice cake, add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste).
Can I use a Different Frosting Recipe?
You can! If you’re not a fan of cream cheese frosting, you can use Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.
Can I use Fresh Pumpkin instead of Canned Pumpkin?
You could try, but I highly recommend using canned pumpkin when you’re baking. The water content with fresh pumpkin is much higher and the texture is slightly different.
Can I Make this as a Dairy Free Pumpkin Cake?
Yes! The cake itself is naturally dairy free. I’ve included how to make the cream cheese frosting dairy free in the recipe notes.
Where To Share Your Photos
Share your photos to one or more, mentioned below. Only one is required as an entry for the giveaway so don’t feel like you need to share everywhere!
- Instagram – Share your photo of the Gluten Free Baking Challenge recipe to your public Instagram account. (If it’s a private account, I won’t be able to see it.)
- To qualify, you must use the #gfbakingchallenge and tag @whattheforkfoodblog
- Then, you must enter the link to your Instagram post in the giveaway form below.
- Facebook Group – If you’re a member of the Gluten Free Baking Club Facebook group, you can post your image there.
- To qualify for the prize, include the #gfbakingchallenge in your post!
- Once your post is approved, grab the link and to the post and enter it into the giveaway form below.
- Click here to request to join the group.
- Facebook Page – Share your photo to my What The Fork Food Blog Facebook page with the official baking challenge hashtag, #gfbakingchallenge then enter the link to your post into the giveaway form below the recipe.
The October Gluten Free Baking Challenge Prize
This month’s gluten free baking challenge prize is a $50 Amazon eGift Card. Please note, your chance of winning the challenge prize has nothing to do with photo quality. Winner will be randomly drawn from the giveaway form. There will be additional entries to increase your chances of winning.
To be eligible for the prize, you must use the entry form to enter. The giveaway form is located at the end of this post directly after the recipe. All winning entries will be verified and winners will be contacted by email.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love gluten free baking recipes, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
October 2019 Gluten Free Baking Challenge