These BBQ Short Ribs are the perfect way to get all that smoky bbq flavor without having to fire up the grill. They’re a meaty meal that’ll make any bbq lover happy.
These BBQ Shortribs are a great way to get all that smoky BBQ flavor you love, just without having to go out and brave the cold to fire up the grill.
I love BBQ flavors. Like, gimme all the BBQ sauce stat. All of it. Especially if it’s on Shortribs. Ohmyyes yum.
You guys, these Shortribs. I mean, really. You can’t get better than these babies.
They’re smothered in a quick homemade sauce with some fabulous liquid smoke and then cooked low and slow to complete and utter deliciousness.
These BBQ Shortribs will win the heart of any BBQ lovin’ fool, (like me). I served mine with a quick homemade broccoli salad and some mashed potatoes.
The sauce that these Shortribs are cooked on needs to be drizzled on whatever you serve them with. It’s that good. And if skip drizzling it on anything and just spoon it right into your mouth, I won’t know so I won’t be able to tell 😉
I used Stubb’s liquid smoke in the sauce and it gives such a good smoky flavor. If you skip it, you’ll lose a little bit of that depth of flavor. So don’t skip it!
These Shortribs are great for tailgaiting or parties because they have such a long cooking time. You can cook them early and keep them warm until serving, you can serve them immediately, or you can even cook them a day ahead and just reheat them in the oven in the sauce or throw them on the grill because you can’t get enough of the flames. You’ve got options, kids. And options are always a win. Enjoy!
- 4.5 lb beef short ribs
- salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 C ketchup
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp liquid smoke
- fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, vinegar, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke. Stir until combined and pour over the short ribs, coating them completely.
- Cover the dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 300 degrees for 2.5 hours. After the 2.5 hours, remove the foil, baste the short ribs with the pan sauce and bake for an additional 30 minutes to caramelize the ribs. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Adapted from Food Network .
IF YOU LOVE THESE BBQ SHORTRIBS, BE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR FREE EMAIL UPDATES! NEW RECIPES WILL BE DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Mini BBQ Meatloaf – What The Fork Food Blog
BBQ Sriracha Ribs – Chew Out Loud
BBQ Chicken Potato Skins – What The Fork Food Blog
BBQ Pot Roast – The Gunny Sack
BBQ Chicken Quesadillas – What The Fork Food Blog