This simple Gluten Free Summer Spaghetti makes an easy meal any night of the week! It’s loaded with fresh tomatoes, garlic, basil, parmesan cheese, and bacon so it’s packed with flavor!
This post is sponsored by Pamela’s Products. As always, opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that support What The Fork Food Blog ♥
Gluten Free Summer Spaghetti
It’s been a looooong time since I’ve posted a dinner recipe here but I had to make an exception for this gluten free summer spaghetti! It’s one of my family’s favorite meals and we eat it ALL THE TIME in the summer!
The simplicity of the pasta dish is what I love about it. It’s full of fresh summer tomatoes, fresh garlic, and fresh basil that we grow right on our deck. I topped it off with some fresh parmesan cheese and some crispy bacon for an extra punch of flavor.
You can skip the bacon if you want to keep it vegetarian and you can skip both the bacon and parmesan to keep it vegan. I usually serve this with some grilled chicken skewers. It’s also great with my grilled maple mustard chicken. It’s a simple meal but it’s so packed with flavor. You can serve it for quick meals during the week but it’s impressive enough to serve to company!
I used Pamela’s Gluten Free Spaghetti in this dish, which is a brand new product! In addition to spaghetti, they also have Penne, Rotini, and Elbows – all staples in my house. And the great thing is, not only is their pasta gluten free, it’s also organic and contains 8 grams of plant based protein per serving. Plus, it tastes great! What’s not to love?!
If you’re looking for a different way to have pasta, try this gluten free summer spaghetti! My kids love it, my husband loves, it, I love it, and I love how easy it is to make. My 5-year-old often makes this with me and her job is to cut up all the tomatoes. She loves it!
BONUS: make this year round with sweet cherry tomatoes! Enjoy!
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – i love seeing what you make!
if you love this gluten free summer spaghetti recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
- 1 lb. (2 8 oz. boxes) Pamela's Spaghetti
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced thin
- fresh parmesan cheese (for serving, optional)
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions and prep the rest of the ingredients while the pasta is cooking.
- When the pasta is done, add the drained pasta to a serving bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a small pot or skillet and add the garlic. Cook on medium-low heat for a few minutes until the garlic is fragrant. Pour over the spaghetti and toss to combine.
- Top the spaghetti with the bacon, tomatoes, basil, and fresh parmesan cheese and serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 565Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 16g