This simple homemade strawberry ice cream recipe is easy to make and does not require an ice cream machine. It gets all it’s flavor from fresh, in-season strawberries and added color and flavor from freeze dried strawberries. It’s a great make-ahead summer dessert!
No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
Hello easy, summer dessert! Strawberry season is almost upon us which calls for making all the recipes calling for fresh strawberries!
It’s been ages since I’ve made my no-churn chocolate ice cream and new it was time for a no-churn strawberry ice cream recipe to make use of in-season berries. So sweet, so good 🍓❤
While Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake will always, ALWAYS be my number one favorite way to enjoy eating fresh strawberries, this no-churn strawberry ice cream recipe is a close second. And I really do mean close.
So far this year, I’ve already made a Strawberry Icebox Cake; which happens to be another favorite. But seriously, how is it even possible to choose a single favorite dessert when you’re a gluten free baking and dessert blogger?
The answer is that it’s not possible. Not. At. All.
I know you guys are going to enjoy this homemade strawberry ice cream recipe. Why? Because it’s really simple to make and there’s NO ice cream maker required!
This ice cream gets an extra boost of strawberry flavor from freeze dried strawberries that I turned into powder with my food processor. It also helps to give the ice cream a subtle, natural pink hint if you don’t want to use food coloring.
One thing to keep in mind, when you’re cutting your fresh strawberries up, make them nice and tiny. Once they freeze, they turn into icy chunks of berry – not fun to bite into if they’re big, huge pieces. So keep them teeny-tiny!
This strawberry ice cream recipe is truly best with in-season berries. They’re sweeter and have a lot more flavor than the strawberries from the grocery store when they’re out of season. Trust me on this one, it makes all the difference in the flavor and final outcome.
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
if you love this No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 ½ cups freeze-dried strawberries
- 2 cups very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries finely diced and slightly mashed
- Red food coloring optional
- Add the freeze-dried strawberries to the bowl of a food processor. Process until the strawberries are a fine powder. Set aside.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, pinch of salt, and red food coloring (if using) to a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Whip on low speed with an electric hand mixer and whisk attachment or with the stand mixer. Once the cream starts to thicken, slowly increase the speed to medium-high and continue to whip until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold in the powdered freeze-dried strawberries and sweetened condensed milk. Once incorporated, fold in the fresh strawberries.
- Transfer to a 2-qt freezer safe container. Freeze for 2 hours then serve.
- For more of a soft-serve texture freeze for 1 hour.
- Be sure your strawberries are finely diced, they will freeze solid once the ice cream is hard so large pieces will be harder to eat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Facts are estimated and aren't always accurate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist if you have special dietary needs.