Homemade Bagel Chips are super easy to make and you’ll only need a few ingredients. Use these for homemade Chex Mix or as croutons!
This post contains affiliate links for products and ingredients I use and love. You can read my full disclosure here. Thank you for supporting What The Fork Food Blog so I can continue to provide you with free gluten free recipes ♥
Homemade Bagel Chips (Gluten Free)
I first started to make my own homemade bagel chips because Glutino bagel chips discontinued theirs. How am I supposed to make Gluten Free Chex Mix without the bagel chips?
Spoiler alert, I can’t. They’re the best part!
I’ve been working on a new flavor of homemade Chex Mix – it’s magnifique! Can’t wait to share it with you. Of course, these bagel chips were involved.
If you’ve got some flavor requests for Chex Mix, hit me up and let me know in the comments. I’m open for suggestions!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Key Ingredients for Homemade Bagel Chips
- Bagels – I’ve made these with Canyon Bakehouse and another brand of gluten free bagels that were shelf stable and in a yellow package. I can’t remember the name but they definitely weren’t Schar. Somebody help me out!
- Fat – For this recipe, you can use melted butter or oil. I use pure Olive Oil or avocado oil.
- Garlic Salt – garlic salt is my favorite way to season bagel chips. Feel free to use your favorite seasoning instead.
- 1 Rimmed Half Sheet Pan
- Bread Knife – make sure it’s nice and sharp for easier slicing!
- Cutting Board
Dairy Free Bagel Chips
To make dairy free bagel chips, make sure your bagels don’t contain milk or dairy products. Use the oil option instead of melted butter.
How to Make Bagel Chips
Step 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Step 2. Slice the bagels into thin pieces and place on a rimmed half-sheet pan. Pour the oil or melted butter over the sliced bagels and sprinkle with the garlic salt. Toss together to coat the bagels with the oil/butter and salt.
Step 3. Spread the bagels out in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake on the center rack for 15 minutes. Then remove from the oven and stir the bagel chips. Spread them back out into an even layer and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until crips all the way through.
Tips for Making Gluten Free Bagel Chips
Use shelf stable bagels for best results. They’ll be much easier to slice.
Don’t worry about perfect slices. Imperfect pieces taste just as good!
If your bagels are pre-sliced, find the section that hasn’t been sliced through. Start cutting your bagel chips there and you’ll have a few whole pieces.
Other DIY Recipes To Try
- Homemade Gluten Free Biscuit Mix
- Make Your Own Oat Flour
- Homemade Gluten Free Pancake Mix
- How to Make a Graham Cracker Crust
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love this homemade Bagel Chips recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
- 2 large/full-size gluten free bagels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Slice the bagels into thin pieces and place on a rimmed half-sheet pan. Pour the oil or melted butter over the sliced bagels and sprinkle with the garlic salt. Toss together to coat the bagels with the oil/butter and salt.
- Spread the bagels out in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake on the center rack for 15 minutes. Then remove from the oven and stir the bagel chips. Spread them back out into an even layer and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until crisp all the way through.
- Depending on your oven, you may have to bake yours a bit longer or a minute or so shorter.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- Use these in homemade Chex Mix, as croutons on salad or soup, or for dippers/crackers on a cheese board.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 86
Nutrition Facts are estimated and aren't always accurate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist if you have special dietary needs. Calories based on 4 servings.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a star rating and let me know in the comments! You can also leave a photo/comment on this pin for others to see.