Rich, chocolatey, and super fudgy – these Flourless Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies (aka Nutella Brownies) do not disappoint!
photos and post updated February 2020
Ohmygawd these brownies. These are the brownies to end all brownies. They’re so super fudgy, exactly the way a brownie should be. Get outta here cake-y brownies, there’s no place for you here. Fudge brownies are the only way to go.
Actually, make that fudge brownies made with chocolate hazelnut spread, k? The texture of these brownies is just plain amazing. They’re so fudgy they’re almost truffle like. I’m telling you, they’re not like any other brownie you’ve ever had before.
These chocolate hazelnut brownies (aka Nutella Brownies) have a triple dose of chocolate. Not only does this naturally gluten free brownie recipe have the chocolate hazelnut spread as a base but they also have cocoa powder and melted chocolate chips. What whaaat. Triple chocolate. Triple threat. Awesome brownies.
I didn’t add nuts to these because I actually prefer brownies without nuts. But with that being said, feel free to add some chopped hazelnuts (or any kind you want). They’d add great texture and an extra boost of hazelnut flavor. I just love the smooth, velvety texture of these without the nuts. These brownies are a huge hit in our house. These are definitely going to be our go-to brownie from now on. They’re just that good. I’m sure you’ll feel the same once you try them. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Key Ingredients in Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- Cornstarch – cornstarch acts as a binder in this recipe and replaces the flour making these “flourless” brownies. If you can’t use cornstarch due to allergies, Tapioca Flour would be an excellent sub.
- Cocoa Powder – I prefer using Equal Exchange Baking Cocoa in this recipe but natural cocoa powder (such as Hershey’s) would work too.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread – aka Nutella. There are other brands available too so use your favorite. I’ve listed dairy free versions in the dairy free section below.
- Eggs – I always use large eggs for baking. I often use room temperature eggs for baked goods but with brownies, I always use them cold straight from the fridge.
- Chocolate – Semi sweet chocolate is my go-to chocolate but use milk chocolate or dark chocolate if that’s your preference.
Equipment Needed to Make Flourless Brownies
- 8×8 Inch Square Baking Pan – you can use a 9×9 pan if that’s all you have but the brownies will be thinner and you’ll have to decrease the baking time.
- Microwave Safe Bowl – I use Pyrex Bowls for basically everything. They’re the best!
- Whisk + Mixing Spoon
Can I make dairy free Nutella brownies?
Use your favorite plant based butter in place of the regular butter and use dairy free chocolate.
How to make Nutella Brownies
Step 1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease/spray an 8x8in pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
Step 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
Step 3. Add chocolate chips and butter to a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Heat for 20 seconds and then stir well. Continue to heat in 10 second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Stir in the chocolate hazelnut spread and add vanilla extract and sugar; stir to combine. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
Step 4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixing well. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35 min. (or longer). Cool completely before cutting.
Other Gluten Free Brownies to Try:
- Fudgy Gluten Free Brownies
- Snickers Brownies
- Flourless Chocolate Mint Brownies
- Coconut Frosted Brownies
- Peanut Butter Frosted Brownies
- Samoas Brownies
- Almond Joy Brownie Bites
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love this chocolate Nutella brownie recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (see notes)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1 tablespoon pieces
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease/spray an 8x8 square pan with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt then set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips and butter to a medium sized microwave safe bowl. Heat for 20 seconds and then stir. Continue to heat in 10 second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Stir in the chocolate hazelnut spread and add vanilla extract and sugar; stir to combine. Mix in the eggs one at a time until completely incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients mixing well. Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35 min. (or longer). Cool completely before cutting.
- These brownies are amazing at room temperature, they almost melt in your mouth. They're also fabulous cold. Try adding 3/4 cup of chopped hazelnuts for added texture.
- *I used organic Nocciolata chocolate hazelnut spread but Nutella can also be used.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 214