This Paleo Lemon Curd recipe is bright, fresh, and lightened up. It’s made with whole eggs, honey, and coconut oil so it’s a much healthier version then you’re used to.
This lemon curd recipe also has an added bonus- no added sugar! Instead of sugar I used honey to sweeten it naturally. When winter weather starts getting me down, I find that I really start reaching for flavors that remind me of sunshine and warm weather. Lots of lemon, berries, asparagus, and summer cocktails. Speaking of cocktails, I feel like we’re due for some soon. Any preferences?
Also, you may (or may not have…) noticed that my posting schedule has been a bit off lately. Life has been happening and we’ve had some family health issues going on. Family is first so posts and cooking have been a little bit scarce. I’m hoping that we will return to some normalcy soon. Let’s bring on spring!
In the meantime, I’ve announced in my email newsletter than I’ve started a monthly giveaway that is only open to my email subscribers. If you’d like to participate, join my mailing list here and then enter the giveaway here. Good luck! And enjoy this tasty-tart paleo lemon curd ????
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – i love seeing what you make!
if you love this paleo lemon curd recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
sign up for my free newsletter subscription for new recipes and exclusive giveaways + my free ecookbook – recipes with chocolate
Paleo Lemon Curd
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1/3 C honey
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 C lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about 3-4 lemons depending on size)
- Add the eggs, coconut oil, lemon zest, honey, salt, and lemon juice to a 2 quart non-stick saucepan . Using a silicon whisk , whisk together until all ingredients are combined. If your coconut oil is at a solid state and doesn't combine right away, that's ok - it will melt when you heat it.
- Continue to heat the mixture over medium-low heat, whisking constantly until thickened. The lemon curd will thicken (to pudding consistency) after about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, transfer to glass containers and cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
Adapted from Ina Garten's recipe on Food Network .
Other Paleo Dessert Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Double Chocolate Paleo Brownies – Fit Foodie Finds
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies – Bakerita
Paleo Lemon Bars – Food Faith Fitness
This post contains affiliate links for products and ingredients used to make this recipe.