This super quick and easy slow cooker corn dip packs some major flavor with minimal ingredients – it’s sure to be a hit at your next party!
This post is sponsored by Frito-Lay. As always, opinions are 100% my own.
You guys might be wondering if you landed in the right place today – I feel like I’ve gone rogue with this new slow cooker corn dip recipe! By now, you’re probably so used to me posting baked goods, breakfast recipes, desserts, and drinks. It’s been forever, literally, since I’ve posted a savory recipe.
But this slow cooker corn dip was so good, I just couldn’t keep it to myself. Recipes like this are meant for sharing! And share this you will because once you make it, everyone will want it. We recently celebrated my brother’s birthday and I brought this slow cooker corn dip as an appetizer. I would say my brother is a dip fan. If there’s a dip at a party, it’s on his plate and he is always only a few inches from the dip bowl for easy access.
Whether it’s 7 layer taco dip, crack dip, guacamole, cheesy artichoke dip (one of his favorites) or bean dip (definitely a favorite), it doesn’t matter. He loves it. Even sweet dips like my chocolate cheesecake dip and pumpkin dip are fair game.
Since he loves dips so much, I thought it would only be fitting to make him a delicious, hot, and cheesy dip for his birthday. And let’s be real here, hot and cheesy dips are the best kind of dips!
We like to serve ours with Fritos Scoops, they’re perfect for scooping up and holding all that cheesy corn goodness! That sweet cheesy heat from the dip + the salty Fritos are a serious match made in heaven.
I wanted this dip to be more like a white queso dip (aka queso blanco) but loaded with corn. While this is a bit thicker than a straight-up queso dip, I feel like I nailed what I was going for here.
This slow cooker corn dip is creamy, it’s smooth, and there’s sweet corn and spicy peppers in every bite. It’s not too thick either since I didn’t use mayonnaise or sour cream in this, just cream cheese! It’s the perfect balance of flavor especially when paired with a salty chip like Fritos Scoops!
Since summer corn is so prevalent, (oh sweet, sweet fresh corn!!), you can totally use it here. Just cut the kernels off the cob, you’ll want to use about 1 ¾ cups of it.
I swear, this dip will be the hit of your party so you might want to make extra. Be prepared, everybody will be asking you for the recipe! Not only is this slow cooker corn dip tasty, but it’s EASY as well. Just put all your ingredients in the slow cooker, cook for a bit, stir it all up, and serve!
It’s perfect for bringing to any parties you’ve got this summer. I know we’ve got some more birthday parties to celebrate and this slow cooker corn dip will be making an appearance for sure! Enjoy!
Be sure to watch the video below to see how easy this recipe is! You can also watch the video on Facebook to make it easy to share and save.
PS Be sure to check out more great summer recipes featuring Frito-Lay on Pinterest!
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – i love seeing what you make!
if you love this recipe for slow cooker corn dip, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
- 1 15 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained well
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cubed
- 1 4.5 oz. can green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeños (I use the jalapeños from the jar)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese (plus more for garnish)
- chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- 1 bag Fritos Scoops for serving
- Layer the ingredients in the slow cooker in this order: corn, cubed cream cheese, green chilies, jalapenos, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper jack cheese. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Stir well until all ingredients are combined and then transfer over to an oven safe dish. Top with about ½ cup of extra shredded pepper jack cheese and heat in the oven at 350 degrees for a few minutes until the cheese melts. Top with additional jalapeno slices and chopped cilantro if desired.
- Serve hot with Fritos Scoops.
- For easier serving, you can serve the dip right in the crock pot. Just top with the extra shredded cheese after stirring, turn to warm, and cover until the cheese melts.
- Refrigerate leftovers. To reheat, heat in the oven at 350 degrees in an oven safe dish until hot and bubbly.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g