This gluten free edible chocolate chip cookie dough is easy to make and comes together quickly. It’s everything you love about eating raw cookie dough, just now you can do it safely without the eggs!
I first made this gluten free edible chocolate chip cookie dough when I was recipe testing my chocolate chip cookie dough mini cheesecakes; which happens to be one of the earliest recipes on my blog. Those cheesecakes are due for a photo makeover and I also wanted to dedicate a post solely to the scrumptious edible chocolate chip cookie dough because they deserve some love on their own.
But we all know, the best way to eat cookie dough is with a spoon, straight out of the bowl. This version is egg free so it’s safe to eat raw. I like to roll mine into balls for easy, bite-sized pieces but you can skip that and go with the spoon if you prefer.
While this edible chocolate chip cookie dough is so much fun to eat by itself, it’s also great to add into different things. It would be great on top of some warm brownies. You could even make your own gluten free chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream with it too – I just might have to do that this week!
I would probably use the vanilla ice cream base that I made for my Cherry Vanilla Baked Alaska and just replace the cherries with some of the cookie dough. Any way you eat it, it’s going to be great! Enjoy!
**If possible, use a heat treated flour if you are uncomfortable eating raw flour due to the risk of contamination. You can do it yourself following these instructions on Cooking Light.**
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – i love seeing what you make!
if you love this recipe for gluten free edible chocolate chip cookie dough, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add the butter, brown sugar, and salt to a medium bowl and mix with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Mix in the milk and vanilla.
- Add the flour and xanthan gum and mix to completely combine. Stir in the mini chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Use a small scoop to form the dough into bite-sized balls and roll to form smooth edges. Place on a plate covered in wax paper or plastic wrap and repeat with the remaining dough.
- Cookie dough balls can be enjoyed immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. The longer the dough sits, the more the flavor will develop. Store covered in the refrigerator up to one week.
- I use my Nightshade Free Flour Mix in this recipe. If the flour mix you use contains xanthan gum, omit the amount I called for in this recipe.
- For dairy free, use your favorite dairy-free butter or margarine, unsweetened coconut milk in place of the milk, and use dairy free mini chocolate chips - I use Enjoy Life brand.
- Prep time does not include chilling time.
- If possible, use a heat treated flour if you are uncomfortable eating raw flour due to the risk of contamination. You can do it yourself following these instructions on Cooking Light.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g