Looking for an amazing Gluten Free Pumpkin Lush Cake? This incredible no bake dessert is not only simple to make but it so delicious, you are going to crave it all the time. Rich with pumpkin flavor, this creamy dessert has a crunchy crust and a velvety smooth filling that is heaven in a bite.
This post contains affiliate links for products and ingredients I use and love. You can read my full disclosure here. Thank you for supporting What The Fork Food Blog so I can continue to provide you with free gluten free recipes ♥
When it comes to fall desserts, it doesn’t get much better than this layered pumpkin dessert. It’s everything you could ask for 🧡
Creamy and sweet, without being too sweet. Crispy crust that’s gluten free. It’s easy to make and it’s a super simple no-bake dessert.
This is a dessert you can get started the night before and enjoy it for a few days. Use it for a simple weeknight dessert or make it for a special occasion or get together. Double it to feed a crowd!
What You Need To Know About Pumpkin Cool Whip Dessert
- To make sure this recipe is gluten free, you will want to use gluten free graham crackers. These provide the same delicious flavor as traditional crackers so even friends who are not following a gluten free diet will love this easy pumpkin dessert.
- Jello Instant Pudding is considered gluten free safe. If you decide to use another brand, you’ll want to double-check and make sure it is truly gluten free.
- This is a subtly sweet dessert and full of pumpkin flavor! If you like a sweeter dessert I suggest adding 2-4 tablespoons of powdered sugar to the pumpkin layer to your taste.
- When you are ready to serve, to achieve a clean slice for serving, pop the pumpkin lush cake into the freezer to get super cold and set a few hours before serving.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Lush Dessert
- Gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Cream cheese (the block, not the spread or whipped)
- Pumpkin puree
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Whole milk
- Whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Equipment Needed to Make Gluten Free Pumpkin Lush
- 9×9-inch Square Baking Pan
- Large bowl
- Mixer – either a hand mixer or stand mixer will work just fine!
How to Make Pumpkin Lush Cake
Step 1: In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the gluten free graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, and pumpkin spice. Then press the mixture into a 9×9 inch baking dish. Set it aside.
Step 2: Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until it is fluffy and no more lumps. Mix in the pumpkin and beat until it is creamy. Be sure to scrape down the sides. Add the pudding mix. Once it is combined well, add the milk on low speed. Once it is fully combined pour it on top of the crust and smooth it out.
Step 3: In another large bowl, combine the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Whip together on until soft peaks start to form. Add this on top of the pumpkin mixture in the pan and smooth it out. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours. Top with pecans and serve.
Tips for Making This Simple Layered Pumpkin Dessert
- For finer crumbs, use a food processor to crush the graham crackers. If you don’t have one, just place the graham crackers in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin or with the bottom of a heavy pan.
- Using a 9×9 inch dish is best but an 8×8 will work. Double the recipe and use a 9×13 inch baking dish for a larger crowd.
- Walnuts can be substituted for the pecans.
- I am making this gluten free pumpkin lush with homemade whipped cream. Cool Whip can be used as well but nothing beats the flavor of fresh whipped cream!
- The crust for this is slightly adapted from my regular Gluten Free Graham Cracker Crust. I reduced the amount of graham cracker crumbs since we don’t need the sides for a pie and increased the butter to hold it together better while refrigerated.
Other Gluten Free Pumpkin Dessert Recipes To Try
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Classic Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love this Gluten Free Pumpkin Delight recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
For the Crust
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
For the Pumpkin Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (see notes)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 3.4 ounce packet of instant vanilla pudding mix (check label for gluten free)
- 1 cup whole milk
For the topping
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Mix together the gluten-free graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, and pumpkin spice in a medium-sized bowl. Press the crust into a 9x9 inch baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl and a hand mixer, or in the body of a stand mixture with the paddle attachment, add the cream cheese and whip until creamy with no lumps. Add in the pumpkin and mix until creamy and combined, scrape down the sides as needed. Add in the pudding mix and mix until combined. Add in half of the milk, mix until incorporated on slow speed then add in the rest and mix in on slow until fully combined. Pour this on top of the crust and smooth the top, set aside.
- In a large bowl and a hand mixer, or in the body of a stand mixture with the whisk attachment, add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Whip on low speed, gradually increasing speed to medium until soft peaks are formed. Pour this on top of the pumpkin mix and smooth the top out. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours to set up or overnight is best. Top with pecans before serving.
- Use block cream cheese here, not whipped or from a tub.
- Feel free to toast the pecans for extra depth of flavor!
- Depending on how you slice it, this will serve 9-16 people.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 306
Nutrition Facts are estimated and aren't always accurate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist if you have special dietary needs. Calories based on 12 servings.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a star rating and let me know in the comments! You can also leave a photo/comment on this pin for others to see.