Easy gluten free Eggnog French Toast make a great breakfast during the holiday season. If you find yourself with some leftover eggnog, use it here!
Do you love making fun brunch recipes for Christmas? If so, this Gluten Free Eggnog French Toast recipe is for you! It’s incredibly easy and it can be made ahead – that’s a winning combination during the busy holiday season!
We make breakfast for dinner at least once a week, so if you’re like us, you can totally enjoy this for dinner too. It’s great with fresh fruit, eggs, and bacon or sausage to make it a complete meal!
I got a big bottle of eggnog this year to update the photos for my Gluten Free Eggnog Muffins (which hasn’t quite happened yet) and my Gluten Free Eggnog Cake. I had sooo much leftover and I don’t drink it which left me with a lot of eggnog to experiment baking with! I had several eggnog recipes I wanted to share this year but once again, time just wasn’t on my side.
At least I was able to photograph this gluten free Eggnog French Toast! Hopefully I’ll get some of those others shared with you next year. I wouldn’t consider this a loss though, since I was able to spend some valuable time recipe testing in addition to this recipe. Eggnog Pound Cake and Eggnog Coffee Cake WILL be coming.
Still looking for some additional recipes to add to your holiday brunch menu? Try it with my Bacon and Swiss Quiche, Ham and Cheese Quiche, Bacon Wrapped Kielbasa Bites, or homemade breakfast sausage! Fruit salad or some fresh berries are also a great addition here. And of course, don’t forget the whipped cream and maple syrup! Enjoy!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love this recipe for Gluten Free Eggnog French Toast, follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
- 1 cup Eggnog
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 loaf gluten free bread (about 12-16 slices)
- In bowl of container with a flat bottom, whisk together the Eggnog, eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, rum extract (if using), cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Heat a skillet or griddle on medium-low heat. When the griddle is hot, melt some butter on it or spray with non-stick spray. (If you're cooking on a non-stick surface, you can skip that.)
- Submerge each slice of bread in the egg mixture and let it soak it up for a few seconds. Let the excess batter drip off and transfer the griddle and cook until golden brown. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown. Transfer to bread to a plate and keep warm while cooking the rest of the French Toast.
- Serve with pure maple syrup , fresh berries, and a dollop of whipped cream if desired!
- This gluten free Eggnog French Toast freezes well. After it cooks, cool it completely then freeze on a sheet pan. Transfer to a freezer bag once frozen and then reheat frozen slices in the toaster as needed!
- For dairy free, use a dairy free Eggnog of your choice.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 360Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 223mgSodium: 551mgFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 16g