These Bacon Wrapped Kielbasa Bites with Brown Sugar Glaze will be the star of your Christmas brunch. They’re slightly sweet, slightly salty from the bacon and completely irresistible.
You guys. It’s almost Christmas. ONE WEEK FROM TODAY. Are you ready? I sure as hell am not. I’ve got a teething baby and a healing toddler. Needless to say, we’re not getting much accomplished around here! This is also the first year where I can’t shop for Kelsey’s gifts and wrap them in front of her and she has no idea what they are or even remembers seeing them come Christmas morning. I could do that with Mackenzie because she’s young enough, but Kelsey would remember. She remembers everything. She’s like a little 26 pound elephant (because they remember everything, supposedly).
So, speaking of Christmas, I’ve gone a little overboard on the cookie posts. But can you blame me? December is most definitely cookie month. If it isn’t already official, I’m declaring that it is. Right now. Official. Done.
Something I’m not done with? Cookie posts. I’ve got one more for you next week, so get ready. Because it’s awesome. 7 layers of awesome. And they’re magic.
But let’s get back on track because this is not another cookie post. Today I’m sharing a recipe for these totally ridiculous bacon wrapped kielbasa bites with a brown sugar glaze. YES. The sausage is wrapped in bacon. And it’s EPIC. Also epic? The brown sugar glaze with mustard and vinegar and pepper. So, so good. Not too sweet, just enough savory and BACON. Ps, by ridiculous, I really meant awesome in case you couldn’t tell.
We have these bacon wrapped kielbasa bites every year for Christmas brunch. They’re great because you can assemble the meat the day before (covered and refrigerated) and then just toss together the glaze and cook them in the morning. If you’re really short on time Christmas morning, you could always completely cook them, as directed in the recipe, the day before and reheat them in the oven the next morning. Just save the extra glaze so you can re-glaze them a bit before throwing them in the oven.
Not only are these great for brunch, they also make a fantastic appetizer. LOVE them, wish I made them more throughout the year. I’m not really sure why I don’t make them more. But I should. They’ve really got the perfect blend of sweet from the brown sugar and savory from the pepper and bacon. I absolutely love, love, love these and so does everyone else who eats them. Enjoy!
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – i love seeing what you make!
if you love this bacon wrapped kielbasa recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
sign up for my free newsletter subscription for new recipes and exclusive giveaways + my free ecookbook – recipes with chocolate
Bacon Wrapped Kielbasa with Brown Sugar Glaze
- 1 lb. kielbasa (make sure it's gluten-free)
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
- 3 Tbsp stone-ground mustard
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp black pepper*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and top with a baking/cooling rack. Lightly spray the rack with non-stick spray.
- Cut kielbasa done the middle, lengthwise. Slice each half into 1 inch pieces, you should have about 30 pieces of kielbasa. Cut each piece of bacon into thirds. Wrap one bacon strip around each piece of kielbasa and secure with a toothpick. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and pepper. Heat over medium, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved. Keep warm on low.
- Brush the kielbasa with glaze and place on the baking sheet/rack. Bake for 40 minutes and baste every 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
You could cut back on the pepper if desired. I use the black pepper flakes, not freshly ground. It's not as strong and it looks nice in the glaze. br]
Recipe is adapted from [Cuisine Holiday Menus, Volume 3
Other Brunch Recipes You May Enjoy: