These Grain Free Cranberry Orange Muffins are a great grab-and-go breakfast for busy mornings. They’re full of citrus flavor, and tart cranberries- the perfect winter wake-up!
I don’t know about you, but I feel like every day in December is such a rush and goes by in a blur. There’s the shopping, the baking, the parties, the decorating, the wrapping, etc. It’s a jam packed month.
Since you’re most likely on Christmas cookie overload, these Grain Free Cranberry Orange Muffins are a great way to start your day on a healthier note. Not only are these muffins gluten free, they’re also grain free and sweetened with Tate+Lyle® Honey Granules.
I’ve used their granules before, in my Honey Banana Coffee Cake, and I really enjoy baking with them. I love the ease of being able to scoop and measure the granules without making a sticky mess. Because one less is a small victory, am I right!?
There are quite a few uses for Tate+Lyle® Honey Granules. You can bake with them and they’re also great in drinks, both hot and cold.
I use the Honey Granules most often when baking though. I sub the granules 1-for-1 with regular sugar PLUS an extra ¼ cup of liquid. FYI: Tate+Lyle® Honey Granules are sold exclusively at Walmart and you can find them here.
I love using cranberries this time of year. Since they’re still in season right now, they’re readily available. To me, cranberry is a quintessential holiday flavor. The cranberry, orange, and honey flavors all pair so well together. This is definitely a breakfast that you can feel good about during this month of holiday treats.
PS- If you’re craving another flavor of muffin that doesn’t involve cranberries, try these Blackberry Oat Muffins from Alisa at Go Dairy Free. They are dairy-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free and vegetarian. Enjoy!
Grain Free Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 1/4 C ghee, melted (or unsalted butter)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 C fresh orange juice
- 1 1/4 C almond flour
- 1/2 C arrowroot flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 C Tate+Lyle® Honey Granules
- 1 1/4 C fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin tin with parchment muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted ghee, eggs, vanilla, orange zest, and orange juice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot, coconut flour, baking soda, and Honey Granules. Form a well in the center and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until combined and then fold in the cranberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups and bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 1-2 minutes then remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack. Store up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – i love seeing what you make!
if you love this gluten free mud pie recipe, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
| snapchat – whattheforkblog |
sign up for my free newsletter subscription for new recipes and exclusive giveaways + my free ecookbook – recipes with chocolate
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.