This Gluten Free Cinnamon Coffee Cake is a delicious way to step up your brunch game! It’s also a great make-ahead week-day breakfast since it freezes really well.
This post is brought to you in partnership with Simply Organic. All opinions are my own.
Gluten Free Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Coffee cake is such a classic breakfast/brunch staple and this gluten free cinnamon coffee cake does not disappoint. It’s got all the things you love about a good coffee cake – it’s dense but has a nice cake-y texture, it’s full of warm cinnamon spice, and it’s got the all-important crumb topping.
I’ve also made mine dairy free but you could use regular milk and butter if desired. This coffee cake was adapted from the Strawberry Rhubarb Coffee Cake that I shared with you last Spring.
As you can tell by the title, this gluten free cinnamon coffee cake has one special ingredient as the star: cinnamon. I used Simply Organic ground cinnamon in this recipe and it packs a fantastic cinnamon flavor. All that warm spice, so good! I’m actually participating in second recipe contest, a dairy-free bake-off, held by one of my blogging friends, Alisa from Go Dairy Free.
We’ve all been tasked to create a recipe using Simply Organic spices. While I love savory spices, cinnamon is one of my absolute favorites to cook and bake with. It makes everything smell (and taste!) so amazing. It’s the star ingredient to my slow cooker cinnamon applesauce, slow cooker apple butter, apple cider donuts, gluten free cinnamon sticks, and my cinnamon swirl muffins. I even top my broiled grapefruit with it!
Please get in the kitchen and bake something sweet! Or savory. Your choice! You can follow along and see what others are sharing using the hashtag #OrganicMoments on Twitter, Instagram, or even Facebook. To vote for your favorite recipe or for more information about the bake-off, visit Go Dairy Free.
To keep with the brunch feel of this recipe, serve this alongside my ham and cheese quiche or bacon and swiss quiche plus a side of my bacon wrapped kielbasa bites and you will be in brunch heaven. Enjoy!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM AND HASHTAG #WHATTHEFORKFOODBLOG OR TAG @WHATTHEFORKFOODBLOG – I LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU MAKE!
IF YOU LOVE THIS gluten free cinnamon coffee cake RECIPE, BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA SO YOU NEVER MISS A POST:
Gluten Free Cinnamon Coffee Cake
For the Cake Batter:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add the flour, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add the shortening and use a fork or pastry cutter to cut the shortening into the flour mixture until it forms coarse crumbs.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, vinegar, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and set aside.
To make the topping:
- Add the melted palm shortening, flour, xanthan gum, sugar, and cinnamon to a small bowl and mix until it forms crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the top of the cake.
- Bake the coffee cake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Facts are estimated and aren't always accurate. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist if you have special dietary needs.
This post contains affiliate links for products and ingredients used to make this recipe.