These Gluten Free Mini Blueberry Muffins make a great breakfast or snack. They’re simple, easy to make, and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Watch the recipe video below to see how easy it is to make these! You can also watch the video on Facebook where you can easily share it.
We gave Kelsey this Disney Princess Cookbook last year for her birthday and one of our favorite things to make from it are the mini blueberry muffins. Though we make this gluten free and dairy free version instead. We haven’t made a ton of recipes from the book but the few we have converted to be gluten free have been good, which is a pleasant surprise because you never know what to expect for recipes that come from a “Disney Princess Cookbook” haha.
And if you are wondering, we did buy the knife set that is recommended with the cookbook in Amazon’s “Frequently Bought Together” suggestions. Both my girls have gotten a lot of use out of them – they’re perfect for cutting soft fruits and veggies like strawberries, melon, tomatoes, and cucumber.
I’ve included mixing instructions for using either fresh or frozen blueberries for this gluten free blueberry muffin recipe. Sometimes, especially during the winter, it’s hard to bake with anything but frozen blueberries. Luckily, they have been on sale lately so we’ve been getting our fill until we’re able to pick our own again this summer ????
Gluten free blueberry mini muffins are one of my girls’ favorite weekday breakfasts. We’re always short on time in the morning so grab-and-go breakfasts are how we roll. This recipe like this is perfect for days like these. I can quickly make a batch of these the night before and they’re ready for us in the morning.
If you’re looking for other gluten free muffin options, I’ve got the most amazing recipe for bakery-style blueberry crumb muffins that I posted quite a while ago. We still LOVE those muffins but they’re a little bit more work than these. Those muffins would be great for Easter brunch!
My blueberry almond muffins would also be great too! And if you need a great grain free recipe, my grain free blueberry muffins would be perfect for you! Also, I had no idea I had so many gluten free blueberry muffin recipes on my blog until now. Enjoy!
PS these freeze really well!
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – i love seeing what you make!
if you love this recipe for gluten free mini blueberry muffins, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
sign up for my free newsletter subscription for new recipes and exclusive giveaways + my free ecookbook – recipes with chocolate
Gluten Free Mini Blueberry Muffins
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk (regular or unsweetened coconut), room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a 24-cup mini muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, avocado oil, and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine. If you using fresh blueberries, stir them in to coat with the flour. Pour in the wet ingredients and stir until all the dry ingredients are incorporated. (If using frozen blueberries, stir them in AFTER the wet ingredients are mixed into the dry ingredients.)
- Divide the batter evenly among the 24 mini muffin cups and bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes or until done in the center. Cool in the pan for 3-5 minutes before serving. Serve hot or room temperature. Leftover muffins can be frozen or stored in an air-tight container up to 2 days.
I tested this recipe with Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Baking Flour with great results - just omit the xanthan gum this recipe calls for. I also tested it with my own Nightshade-Free Flour Blend with great results.
This post may contain affiliate links to products or ingredients used to make this recipe! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting What The Fork Food Blog ♥