This is a super easy peanut butter frosting recipe to make! It’s light, creamy, and perfectly fluffy. Great for piping and for spreading on cakes or cupcakes. Try it with your favorite chocolate brownies, cakes, or cupcakes!
I originally started making this peanut butter frosting recipe to go with my favorite Gluten Free Chocolate Cake to make a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cake for my husband’s birthday. That cake is always unbelievably good but I always feel too guilty to cut into someone’s birthday cake for the sake of taking pictures.
Or maybe that’s just secretly my way of saying, I’ll just have to make it again sometime 😉
This particular batch of peanut butter frosting was paired with my Fudgy Gluten Free Brownies to make some epic Peanut Butter Frosted Brownies. I’m posting that recipe next week – stay tuned or sign up for email updates so you don’t miss it!
This peanut butter frosting would also be great on top of some gluten free chocolate cupcakes, spread on top of chocolate sugar cookies, on top of gluten free baked chocolate donuts, or sandwiched between chocolate cookies. Seriously guys, the options are endless!
If you’re a chocolate and peanut butter lover like my husband, this is a must try recipe because the smooth, creamy peanut butter frosting is so good, you might just want to eat it straight out of the bowl with a spoon. Pure peanut butter bliss.
So tell me, what will you be enjoying this peanut butter frosting with?!
More Frosting Recipes to Try:
be sure to follow me on instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
if you love this recipe for peanut butter frosting, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (no-stir)
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Add the butter and peanut butter to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium-low speed until combined. Some little lumps of butter are ok.
2. Add 2 1/2 cups of the powdered sugar and mix on low speed until mostly combined.
3. Add the remaining sugar and the vanilla extract. Add half of the whipping cream.
4. Beat on low speed until the sugar is incorporated. Scrape down the bowl and add the remaining whipping cream.
5. Beat on low to incorporate the cream then slowly increase the speed to medium-high. Beat for 2 minutes. The frosting will be light and fluffy.
- This can be made up to 2 days before using, keep refrigerated in an airtight container. Then bring to room temperature and beat to fluff it up before using.
- Freeze up to 3 months in an air-tight container or freezer bag.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Photos by Jess Larson.