Easy Gluten Free Apple Muffins are perfectly spiced and simple to make! These gluten free muffins are great for breakfast or snack and should be part of your meal prep rotation.
This post contains affiliate links for products and ingredients I use and love. You can read my full disclosure here. Thank you for supporting What The Fork Food Blog so I can continue to provide you with free gluten free recipes ♥
These SUPER EASY Gluten Free Apple Muffins may be a familiar recipe for you if you’ve purchased my cookbook, The Gluten-Free Quick Breads Cookbook. The ingredients are all the same but I’ve scaled the recipe down to make one dozen muffins.
That recipe is one of my favorites because it’s one of my grandmother’s recipes. Family recipes are always the best kind of recipes ❤️
This gluten free muffin recipe is one that you’re going to want in your regular breakfast rotation. You can make them quickly and they’re great for meal prep. They freeze great too!
My oldest loves these muffins with a capital L-O-V-E. She eats them for breakfast, she wants them in her lunchbox, and she wants them for snack too. I swear, she’s going to turn into an apple muffin before Halloween! No costume needed 🤣
I promise, you’ll be just as obsessed with them too!
Did you make this recipe? Leave a star rating and let me know in the comments! You can also leave a photo/comment on this pin for others to see.
Key Ingredients for Apple Muffins
- Apple Cider – I love the extra apple flavor that apple cider brings to this recipe. It’s a more intense flavor than regular apple juice. Bonus, using apple cider in place of milk makes these muffins naturally dairy free!
- Fresh Apple – Use a good baking apple in this recipe so the apple holds it’s shape and texture. See my recommendations for baking apples here.
- Spices – These muffins are loaded with flavor thanks to cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. I probably should have called these Apple Cinnamon Muffins!
- Oil – I always bake with avocado oil when I’m baking muffins or quick breads. You can sub it with canola oil, vegetable oil, or melted coconut oil.
Equipment Needed to Make Gluten Free Muffins
- Muffin Tin – just one standard muffin pan/tin for this recipe.
- Paper Liners or non-stick spray to keep the muffins from sticking to the pan.
- Vegetable Peeler to peel your apples.
- Basic Kitchen Equipment: Mixing Bowls, a whisk, a mixing spoon, and a good sturdy silicone spatula. Muffins are one of those easy recipes that require very little kitchen tools and equipment!
How to Make Gluten Free Apple Muffins
Step 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a standard muffin tin with 12 paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
Step 2. In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, xanthan gum, granulated sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Then set aside.
Step 3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, apple cider, oil, and vanilla extract.
Step 4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the apples.
Step 5. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups and then bake for 16-18 minutes (it took a full 18 minutes in my oven).
Step 6. Cool the muffins on a wire rack. Serve warm or room temperature.
Tips for Making this Apple Muffin Recipe
- If your gluten free flour blend contains xanthan gum, omit the amount I call for in the recipe.
- For best results in this recipe, make sure your eggs and apple cider are room temperature.
- Use an apple that’s suitable for baking. (See “Key Ingredients” above!)
Other Gluten Free Muffins To Try:
- Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- Lemon Ricotta Muffins
- Gluten Free Banana Muffins
- Bakery Style Double Chocolate Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Gluten Free Corn Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and hashtag #whattheforkfoodblog or tag @whattheforkfoodblog – I love seeing what you make!
If you love this recipe for Gluten Free Apple Muffins, be sure to follow me on social media so you never miss a post:
- 1 3/4 cups (250 g) gluten free flour blend (see notes)
- 3/4 teaspoon (2 g) xanthan gum (omit if your flour blend contains it)
- 1/2 cup (102 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (4 g) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup (115 g) light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup apple cider, room temperature
- 1/4 cup avocado oil (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely diced (about 1 cup or 140g)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a standard muffin tin with 12 paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, xanthan gum, granulated sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. Then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, apple cider, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in the apples.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups and then bake for 16-18 minutes (it took a full 18 minutes in my oven).
- Cool the muffins on a wire rack. Serve warm or room temperature.
- For this recipe, I used my Nightshade-Free Gluten Free Flour Mix. If the flour blend you use contains xanthan gum, omit the amount called for in the recipe.
- Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil can be subbed for the Avocado Oil.
- Leftover muffins keep in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days. These muffins can also be frozen.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 168Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
Nutrition Facts are estimated. Please consult a doctor or nutritionist if you have special dietary needs.
Did you make this gluten free muffin recipe? Leave a star rating and let me know in the comments! You can also leave a photo/comment on this pin for others to see.