10 homemade Ice Cream Recipes to make this summer when you need a cool and creamy sweet treat! You’ll be sure to find your favorite homemade ice cream recipe!
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
July is National Ice Cream Month and I’m here for it along with all the other ice cream lovers! Ice Cream is the best summer treat and the perfect way to enjoy something sweet on a hot summer day.
Storebought ice cream and ice cream from the ice cream shop is great and all, but you can really make something special and some new favorite recipes when you make it yourself! Satisfy those ice cream cravings with these ice cream flavors.
A few of these homemade ice cream recipes are Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker recipes. It’s the best ice cream maker for churned ice cream and it works so well!
Common ingredients for a basic ice cream base include heavy whipping cream (or heavy cream) and whole milk. The fat content in the milk and cream is what makes the ice cream so good.
Egg yolks are often found in egg custard base ice cream recipes. The egg yolks help give the ice cream an ultra creamy texture.
No churn ice cream recipes usually have a base of heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk. Most vegan ice cream recipes call for coconut milk and coconut cream in the base.
Be sure to store your homemade ice cream in an airtight container to help avoid freezer burn. Bring your homemade ice cream to room temperature for a few minutes before scooping and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Equipment Needed to Make Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
- Ice Cream Machine – for a churn ice cream recipe
- Hand Mixer – for a no-churn ice cream recipe
- Ice Cream Container with Lid – a loaf pan works too but be sure to cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. An airtight container is best.
- Ice Cream Scoop
What to Serve with Ice Cream
- Traditional toppings for ice cream are Hot Fudge and Homemade Whipped Cream.
- Salted Caramel Sauce (or leave out the salt for regular caramel sauce)
- Raspberry Sauce
- Lemon Curd – so good with vanilla ice cream!
- Fresh Berries or macerated fresh fruit that’s in season
- Melted Peanut Butter
- Candy – like chopped peanut butter cups, chocolate chips, or mini marshmallows
- Crumbled Cookies – gluten free Oreo cookies, peanut butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies, etc.
- Warm Maple Syrup – over vanilla ice cream
- Chopped Nuts – walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts, and peanuts are all great options!
Choose your favorite toppings for the ultimate ice cream experience and your own version of a delicious ice cream sundae.
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes
Be sure to use pure vanilla extract for the best vanilla flavor. You can even add in some vanilla bean for Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. A scoop of this vanilla ice cream is perfect with a piece of gluten free apple pie!
This is a no-churn vanilla ice cream recipe.
2. No Churn Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
This homemade strawberry ice cream recipe is made with real fresh strawberries and freeze-dried strawberries. There’s no jello or artificial coloring!
This is an easy homemade chocolate ice cream recipe! It’s made with just 5 ingredients and since it’s a no-churn chocolate ice cream recipe, you don’t need an ice cream machine to make it.
Another 5-ingredient ice cream recipe for you to try! Coffee is a great base for ice cream flavors. Swirl in some chocolate ganache, shards of chocolate, or our favorite – gluten free Oreos.
This is a no-churn coffee ice cream recipe.
This mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe is unique because it’s made with chopped Andes Mints instead of traditional chocolate chips. It gives the ice cream an extra delicious boost of mint flavor!
Use your favorite flavors to make this simple ice gluten free cream cake recipe! You can even double it and use quarts to make a 9-inch cake.
If you really want to make a special ice cream cake, try this spectacular Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake. It’s my version of Coldstone Creamery’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Playground.
This avocado ice cream is a simple vegan ice cream recipe. It’s made with pureed avocado and coconut milk. It’s got a pleasantly fruity flavor!
I usually make this recipe with peppermint ice cream for the holidays (pictured above) and Mud Pie made with coffee ice cream. You can create an ice cream pie recipe with any ice cream you’d like that pairs well with chocolate ganache.
You can use the gluten free Oreo crust that I made in the pie recipe above or make a gluten free graham cracker crust instead.
Fresh summer peaches are cooked with cinnamon and churned to perfection for a creamy ice cream full of peach flavor. Peach ice cream is one of my favorites!
10. No Churn S’mores Ice Cream
With a no-churn vanilla ice cream base, mini chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and crushed gluten free graham crackers S’mores Ice Cream is a creamy, cold alternative to S’mores.
Drizzle a little melted marshmallow fluff (or marshmallow creme) and some hot fudge on top for the ultimate S’mores Sundae!
Ice Cream Desserts
In addition to the delicious ice cream recipes above, you can make these tasty ice cream treats!
- Chocolate Ice Cream Cups – they’re like chocolate peanut butter cups but instead, the crisp chocolate coating is filled with your favorite flavor of ice cream.
- Profiteroles – gluten free choux pastry is filled with ice cream and topped with chocolate ganache. They’re even better than cream puffs!
- Cherry Vanilla Baked Alaska – this spectacular ice cream treat is made with homemade Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream, a gluten free brownie base, and topped with toasted meringue. It’s exceptional!